• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This afternoon / evening, I have watched:

S1 E5 The Fall (Amazon Prime)
    S2 E1 and E2 American Gods (Amazon Prime)
    S1 E1 American History's Biggest Find with Lucy Worsley (BBC iPlayer)

And am just about to watch Ian Hislop's Fake News: A True History (BBC iPlayer)

Dinner was M&S lightly dusted haddock with some Waitrose potato rosti. Ocado delivered a load of veg earlier but I couldn't be bothered to do anything with it this evening.

Fourth washing load on the go. The last will be done tomorrow (only towels so low priority). Fresh sheets now on the bed; fresh bed sheet night is always my favourite.

EDIT: all clocks are now on the right time. Discovered the battery had died (seems to be a recurring theme!) in a watch I haven't worn for a good while.

Comment

Tea tonight has been a roast beef dinner, built around a nice big joint of topside

I’ll carve and freeze the rest of it tomorrow, which should provide me with plenty of lunchtime roast beef baps/cobs/butties for several months to come

Comment

Forgot that the Oak Island nutjobs were on this evening so missed the first hour.

However in the 2nd hour they've found an iron hook on the beach, had the seismic imaging explained showing the possible positon of various cavities, and drilled Yet Another Hole, this time with a sonic drill which has found some wood 65 feet down.

Now they've found a crossbow bolt on the beach.

In other news, it would appear that the rifle in BTVS S3 E18 "Earshot" is a takedown version of the Ruger M77.

I bet you all wanted to know that.

IMFDB doesn't confirm this though.

In other other news, TPD must be keeping M&S haddock purchases in the black.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 October 2019, 22:53.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          In other other news, TPD must be keeping M&S haddock purchases in the black.
          Indeed

Tonight’s viewing, aside from some of the BBC thing about the Met during dinner, was parts two and three of Das Boot. A lot of waiting and getting on each other’s nerves in confined spaces, with occasional bouts of extreme terror as a British destroyer attacks, seems to have been the lot of German submariners. Makes you wonder why anybody wanted to do the job really

Here, fireworks are still going off somewhere in the middle distance

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all if all there be

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            IMakes you wonder why anybody wanted to do the job really
            40 years ago, I worked with one of the 20% who survived.

He was ok as long as you kept off the subject of the Jews.

Dry.

High overcast.

Colder. 14.1 deg in here.

No current precipitation.

Not currently sunny.

Monday. Apparently.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 October 2019, 08:40.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Scavenging for a bag to put some recycling in, I found a one with a receipt from the Sainsbury’s store in Cambridge, dated 27 February 2012. That was a Monday, so I would have popped over there on my way from the Science Park to check in to the Premier Inn
              Before or after Monday links?

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                Forgot that the Oak Island nutjobs were on this evening so missed the first hour.

However in the 2nd hour they've found an iron hook on the beach, had the seismic imaging explained showing the possible positon of various cavities, and drilled Yet Another Hole, this time with a sonic drill which has found some wood 65 feet down.

Now they've found a crossbow bolt on the beach.
                I bet you did not miss much.

Please keep us updated.

Comment

Holiday today. Taking baby bp to sun centre Rhyl. Indoor water park.

I get the train back first thing tomorrow.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start out there

Chilly with it, though: frost on the stable/shed roofs out the back. The temperature out there's just hit the dizzy heights of 4°C (holding at 17° in here without additional heating, for the moment)

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Before or after Monday links?
                      After, that week: https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...vol-cxiii.html

Comment

Working...
                      X