• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    <looks carefully. yes, tpd, check>
    Just found your stray post over in General. I did that the other year

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    the lurgy has capitulated.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Sunday lunch is in the oven: this week's special is chicken breasts with cumberland sausages (to give them some flavour ) which worked out rather more expensive than buying a whole chicken despite both items being Morrisons, reduced.
      Which proved to be nice enough though it must be said that there appeared to be a remarkable amount of water emitted by the chicken.

Enough, in fact, for it to be necessary to take the lid off the roasting tin to allow it to evaporate, while putting the chicken & sausages back in on the lid.

Completed with 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Them next door aren't back yet.

I wonder what tales the little cat will tell of starvation, neglect, and abuse.

Almost time to make my way to Tesco & Morrisons under the CBS and intense sunshine.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Was quite lucky with the train. Ticket inspector came round and a lady in the row before me needed a ticket and had a bit of a chat about the benefits of Network Rail cards just as we pulled into a station. The guard then went off to deal with the departure and never came back! I didn't have to use any of my prepared excuses if he were to try and charge me for travelling on the wrong service.

Ticket machines at stations not being all that 'fisticated, I had no issue on arrival to Charing Cross.

Lovely sunny day, blue skies, wispy clouds. Cool but will most likely be chilly this evening.

Now to laundry and a change of bed sheets.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Was quite lucky with the train. Ticket inspector came round and a lady in the row before me needed a ticket and had a bit of a chat about the benefits of Network Rail cards just as we pulled into a station. The guard then went off to deal with the departure and never came back! I didn't have to use any of my prepared excuses if he were to try and charge me for travelling on the wrong service.

Ticket machines at stations not being all that 'fisticated, I had no issue on arrival to Charing Cross.
          The deities of the railway ticketing enforcement system were smiling upon you today

Light lunch of a couple more of those bacon-wrapped chipolatas, in white finger rolls with fried egg and red sauce. Very tasty

I think rolls are a better medium for those things; should I buy them again I’ll reserve them for that purpose, and stick with back rashers and unwrapped sausages for proper fry-ups

The wrapped things would work well in contexts where one might otherwise have normal-sized pigs in blankets though. I’ve got a couple left in the freezer, so I might try sticking them in with a roast fowl some time and see how that goes.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Can I blame it on the clock change?
            You can't blame it on the sunshine, moonlight or good times. What is left?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              The wrapped things would work well in contexts where one might otherwise have normal-sized pigs in blankets though. I’ve got a couple left in the freezer, so I might try sticking them in with a roast fowl some time and see how that goes.
              That's my theory with the cumberland sausages today.

Chicken on its own is pretty meh, the sausages reduce the level of meh considerably.

Just returned from a walk up to the "viewpoint"* and on the way back I bumped into Frank yet again, Frank being the sole remaining of the four of us who made our way every Sunday to the forestry at the top of the mountain.

'Tis years since I've been as far as that.

Old age must be getting to me.

* I.e. the viewpoint with no view, in a similar way to the Ivy Tower now being an Ivy without much in the way of Tower any more, 2/3rds of it having fallen down, with the remaining third looking pretty fragile.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Just got around to changing the two clocks in the flat that don’t do it themselves, being the one on the microwave and the time switch on the living room light.

It’s past sunset now

Comment

Old age must be getting to me.
                  Blame it on the boogie....

Comment

That's my theory with the cumberland sausages today.

Chicken on its own is pretty meh, the sausages reduce the level of meh considerably.
                    Sausages make everything better

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Sausages make everything better
                      All my ex-wives gave that as an excuse for divorcing me. Amiong many others.....

Comment

Working...
                      X