• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Sun came out then thought better of it and went back in.

Off to canteen for lunch as it's curry day.
    It's curry day in the canteen where I am too

I had soup

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I had soup
      I had curry was supposed to be a Lamb Gosht but it was rather disappointing.

Still filled a hole.

Thinking it may be time to head off and finish the day from home - also wfh tomorrow and then off next week cos it's half term.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Originally posted by original PM View Post
        Off to canteen for lunch as it's curry day.
        Lots of places seem to do curry day on Thursday. Maybe it started as a way of using up whatever’s left from earlier in the week, before the inevitable fish on Friday?

Lunch here has been a load of shredded chicken breast (leftovers from the roast chicken I didn’t use for soup the other week) in a wholemeal bap, with lashings of salt and freshly-ground pepper

And it’s raining, steadily and fairly copiously, with the air of intending to linger

In laundry news, another bedding wash is on and the bed has been left to air for a while before I put the clean bedding from the other day on

Comment

Laundry done, and the rain has moved on, at least for now

Comment

now reading 'the warship' by Neal Asher while sipping 10 year old Glenmorangie.
            it won't kill the lurgy, but it tastes nice

Comment

Cleaned the deep fat fryer

Never a very enjoyable task, but on the bright side there’ll be chips

Comment

Stone me, that's a lot of bedding getting washed.

The apple tree has been attacked whilst the sun shone and next door's cat spent the afternoon in the garden.

If I've killed the tree then that's that.

Raining now so I timed that well.

Tea is to be chili con carne with rice whilst listening to lying tory erg bastards on the wireless.

This last doesn't do my bloodpressure a power of good.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 October 2019, 17:04.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

It seems it should be rainless this evening, but will probably rain in the day tomorrow. I think I might get the shopping done this evening, so I don’t have to go out in it tomorrow

Comment

The above mentioned was nice enough & is being rounded off with 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The evening's entertainment commences with "The Wish", the ep of BTVS where Buffy doesn't exist and No Good Comes Of It.

Unless, of course, you are a vampire, demon, or other creature of the night.

It's just struck me that this time next week it'll be pitch dark.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 October 2019, 17:05.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

This evening HWMBO and I are venturing to Greenford, of all places, for a six course tasting menu with wine pairings cooked by Ollie Dabbous - he who is behind Hide on Piccadilly, next to Green Park.

Hopefully it will be a tasty night out!

Comment

Working...
                      X