• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How very odd, a duplicate post.

Dunno how that happened.

Before the "upgrade" it would have warned me.

Anyway, "Still Alice" got watched.

Somewhat heavy stuff, man.

Made me wish I'd been kinder, but it's too late for that now.

The Friday wash is complete and is airing hanging from various picture rails.

TFBSZ.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 October 2018, 22:11.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tonight's tea has been a rack of ribs in barbecue sauce, and chips

Comment

This evening's film was American Assassin (2017) which was… well, lots of action, but a bit "meh" I felt. It might have been better if certain aspects of the story, particularly the climax, made more sense. So basically, hokum, but reasonably well put-together hokum

And by-the-by, I happen to know that that building in Pall Mall isn't the Iranian Embassy: it's the Athenaeum, and I very much doubt they've ever had an Iranian flag hanging off the front of it; I presume that was put on in post

And after that, some more of The West Wing. I'm getting close to having had enough of that for a few more months now.

Goodnight all

Comment

Not a wonderful night's sleep all in all.

I recall listening to the Shipping Forecast at 05:20ish and various bits of Farming Today etc.

Plus I seem to be going down with some lurgy or other.

Fresher's Flu bites again.

So that's the haircut off the list for today.

It's 16.5 degrees in here at the moment and it's grey, dark, dank, and drizzly outside, with a group of cats howling at me, which won't do much good as I don't have anything to give them.

Don't feel much like having breakfast so I suppose it'll end up being a sort of brunch at noon.

Now let's see if I can double post this again.

And the answer is: no it didn't double post.

I wonder how I managed it yesterday.

Just had to put a large (non hairy) spider outside on the bush.

It had started making a beautiful web between the ceiling and the tv, but I'm afraid there's nothing for it to eat in here.

It must have come in here on me after gardening or some such.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 October 2018, 08:00.

Comment

Morning all

Murky out, and fencers are coming today to replace the back fence in the garden. Told me they'd be here at 8am. I got up at 7.30. No sign of them yet.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey and rainy out

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                Now let's see if I can double post this again.

And the answer is: no it didn't double post.

I wonder how I managed it yesterday.
                Indeed; it's supposed to detect and prevent that, but somehow you got past it

Just had to put a large (non hairy) spider outside on the bush.

It had started making a beautiful web between the ceiling and the tv, but I'm afraid there's nothing for it to eat in here.

It must have come in here on me after gardening or some such.
                I do that sometimes with the ones that appear in my bathroom from time to time, though mainly chucking them out the kitchen window as I'm not carrying them all the way downstairs. I leave them a while first, because they can last several months between meals. But once they realise the pickings are slim and start trying to find a better spot, they inevitably finish up building a web in some wholly inconvenient place, like between the shower head and the wall or, on one memorable occasion recently, between the hot tap and the front edge of the basin. Then it's time for them to move on

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Morning denizens

Grey and rainy out
                  Not to mention cold, so we won't mention it.

Bleeding perishing.

Comment

Not to mention cold, so we won't mention it.

Bleeding perishing.
                    Apparently so: 8°C out there, it seems

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Apparently so: 8°C out there, it seems
                      It feels colder, probably because I have some sort of lurgy and it's particularly raw out there today.

Despite having a jacket & overcoat, I could well have worn a jumper in addition.

Not nice at all.

So I propose to spend the day watching films, having purchased Yet Another Foot of dvds.

Comment

Working...
                      X