• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

You know you want to
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      It feels colder, probably because I have some sort of lurgy and it's particularly raw out there today.

Despite having a jacket & overcoat, I could well have worn a jumper in addition.

Not nice at all.

So I propose to spend the day watching films, having purchased Yet Another Foot of dvds.
      Sounds like a plan

Comment

Popped outside briefly. It is indeed not very warm at all. The fact that I was in a t-shirt - no jacket, or overcoat, or anything of that kind - didn't help

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          I propose to spend the day watching films, having purchased Yet Another Foot of dvds.
          The first of which, purely by chance, turned out to be "Miss Congeniality(2000)" with Sandra Bullock and Michael Caine.

Miss Congeniality (2000) - IMDb

It was laugh out loud funny.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Today, the new signage has been affixed to the front of the former pizza place over the road which, before it was a pizza place, was a pizza place; and the run of pizza places has come to an end. It's going to be a shawarma place, which apparently is a fancy name for kebabs.

Comment

Oh, and lunch was sausages in rolls

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Today, the new signage has been affixed to the front of the former pizza place over the road which, before it was a pizza place, was a pizza place; and the run of pizza places has come to an end. It's going to be a shawarma place, which apparently is a fancy name for kebabs.
                Maybe they'll sell kebab pizzas.

Just to keep things straight, like.

Tea this evening was spag bol, the spag being sans NaCl and thus pretty tasteless, while the bol had lots of onion, garlic, and very probably NaCl.

This followed on from an hour or two of garden massacre, wherein the dead or dying shrubs were extracted from the shrubbery, along with some honeysuckle.

I suspect that the shrub was killed by the weedkiller I sprayed on the honeysuckle in a desperate attempt to keep it under control.

The spag bol was followed, as is only proper, by stewed pears (last but one portion) and custard, which was very nice indeed.

I assume that this last was sans NaCl too, but replete with sugar a.k.a. "white death".

Yum.

Comment

Outside the Chinese *
                  and very nice it was, too

*i had it delivered, thus bypassing three steps of the process, sorry NF

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Film 2 was "K19 the widow maker" with Harrison Ford and Liam Neeson.

K-19: The Widowmaker (2002) - IMDb

It was rather gripping though it didn't make its money back.

The ongoing lurgy is ongoing.

Much alcohol helps.

In this case, Gran Marnier.

Which is about to run out to be replaced by Southern Comfort.

It turns out that they built a full size replica of K19 for the film using an old diesel USSR sub that they embiggened by 100 feet.

Thankfully there were no actual reactors injured during the making of the film.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 October 2018, 20:20.

Comment

Working...
                      X