• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evenin' all

Dinner has been a ready made Pizza cos I was too bust mucking about making home made Tomato Ketchup with the last of the split and overripe tomatoes harvested from the garden. Very tasty, now I just need some chips to dip in it.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Evenin' all

Had a flashback then! - evening constable, thought ye were deid.
      how's life in dock green?

Comment

Tonight's entertainment was provided by "Robot & Frank(2012)" with Frank Langella, Susan Sarandon.

Robot & Frank (2012) - IMDb

It was rather enjoyable in its way.

Certainly far more so than yesterday's dud.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tonight's dinner has been chicken tikka masala out of the freezer, with the usual bits

The chicken and barley soup is nearly done, and seems to be turning out very nice indeed. And it should be even better after letting the flavours develop overnight

Comment

Bins are out, and soup has been put aside to cool down. That seems to be all the business of Thursday completed, so I may just have a beer and watch something on the (very thin) box

Comment

Pad Thai and a nice Rose.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tonight's entertainment was Gotti (2018), being a biopic of the late New York crime boss of that ilk. It's a fairly straightforward telling of the story, which itself has the elements one might expect from the life of such a person. Very impressive, though, was the work of the makeup department (possibly computer-assisted, I don't know) in presenting John Travolta in the title role over such a wide range of ages, from a young man in his 20s to a 61-year old dying of cancer; for reference, Travolta at the time of filming was already older than John Gotti was when he died. Anyway, worth a watch should it come your way.

And then a bit of The West Wing to round the evening off.

Goodnight all

Comment

Good morning all!

Day 25 of permydom.

Bolton on't 'ill!

Pitch black outside, can't see any clouds, or feel any rain!

Finish at 13:00 for the weekend - which is nice!

Monday and Tuesday down in Worcester - not so nice!
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Morning all
                    A few jars in London last night, clear blue skies this morning, unlike my head.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      At least they aren't unloading fish immediately below the air conditioning intakes
                      They're still loading scrap onto that ship.

The unloading of fish does, indeed, take plaice, but, happily enough, it's about 100 yards away at its closest.

There's no entrance into the ex-dry dock next to the New Slough of Despond.

It's grey, dark, dreary, sunless and warmish.

And Friday, which is the only positive feature of the whole day.

Another day of a lab full of colleagues I don't like.

Ho hum.

Roll on July.

In other news, the frenetic pressing of buttons on the Lidl(tm) bloodpressure thingie eventually got a BP reading of 125/83.

Probably because the batteries are going flat.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 October 2018, 07:10.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X