• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all a bit overcast here, but pleasant temperature out on the walk earlier. Also picked my first cep of the season. Saw a big one yesterday but it was 3+ days old, so starting to go soft. This morning's one has just come up overnight.
      Guess what I'll be having for dinner.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Tea has been sausages, chips, and beans. Very nice, it was
        A bit late, but I've just noticed that the answer to 1000x life the universe and everything appears to be sausages, chips & beans

…Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Grey, very grey, dark & dank, dreary in the extreme.

20.2 in the living room, 18.7 in the laundry room where the overnight min was 18.1.

Since it's still damp, no painting today.

I assume I'll eventually get the gloss on sometime before Xmas (or maybe Easter).

<brief hiatus>

In with the hoi polloi again.

By the time I got here I could see better without my glasses than with them.

Drizzle++.

Having checked the "work" email, Dilbert, Pearls Before Swine & Andy Capp, I suppose I'd better bugger off & find sommat rather more productive to do.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 August 2018, 09:12.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Overcast to the west, a bit of thin sunshine to the east

Comment

Links are up, and I'm off into town

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                A bit late, but I've just noticed that the answer to 1000x life the universe and everything appears to be sausages, chips & beans

Agreed, with the slight caveat that this depends entirely on the quality of the sausage.

Comment

At the place

Comment

Morning all.

Fed up here. 29 days and counting until I return to contracting - now at the stage of being cut out of most loops but needing to still look moderately productive. It's now touch and go as to whether I'll be able to start (let alone finish) the two interesting projects I lined up for the next few months, mostly due to intertia in the layers of management who need to put hands in pockets.

Really not feeling it atm. CovToddler is being a little tulip and in the bossy stage. He's lost the ability to say "please" for anything and yesterday even got down to telling me which veg I needed to cut on my plate and how much to blow on them. Every morning I wake up at 6AM with him and his sister next to me and me virtually falling out of bed. To add to it the cloudy weather and nights drawing in is kicking my SAD in earlier than usual - need to get the lightbox out.

Currently sitting here with recurring stomach pain, a bit like acid, which keeps coming back over the last week and won't go away for long.

Bleh, need to just buck up and get on with the job I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      At the place
                      Pardon? - what did you say??

Comment

Working...
                      X