• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Now what shall I do with The Remains of The Day?
    pop it in the dvd player
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      it's now dark grey and drizzly so that's the end of the possibility of finishing the painting today.

Ho fecking hum.

Another 8 dvds added to the collection.

Town was quite quiet, but then again it's early.

Now what shall I do with The Remains of The Day?

IIRC Eastwood got ripped off by the effects people who did the clouds.

It never looked terribly realistic to me.
      This'll cheer you :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-45197544

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey here but dry, and 19°C - acceptable

Comment

Apparently they're doing the football again today. Good excuse not to go outside

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            I'll probably be using the bus to get to work from now on.

a) it's free

b) it stops closer to the new slough of despond.

c) 2023. ROTFLMFAO.

Today's first feature was "Inglorious Bastards(1978)" with Bo Svenson, Ian Bannen, et al.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076584/

It was ok.

I managed to watch 2:38 of the making of featurette with the incredibly irritating Q. Tarantino before turning it off.

It's even greyer out there now, & the drizzling ain't looking like it's going to shift much.

Today's 2nd feature was "The Bone Collector(1999)" with Denzel Washington & Angelina Jolie with a supporting role by The Twin Towers.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0145681/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

I'd seen bits of it on the box over the years but this is the first time I've watched it all the way through.

It was rather good. And suspenseful.

In the endless greyness and drizzle, today's 3rd feature was "Blood Simple(1983)" with M. Emmet Walsh, Dan Hedaya and Francis McDormand.

Another Coen Brothers "comedy". I didn't do a lot of laughing.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086979/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

However it lasted 93 minutes and was ok ish.

I've come to the conclusion that they must have been really really dumb in Texas back in 1983.

Today's 4th & final feature was "The Ballad of Lefty Brown" with Bill Pullman, Jim Cavaziel, Peter (blink & you'll miss him) Fonda, et al.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4400994...=nm_flmg_act_9

It was one of those 1890s type westerns where the world is changing & "Civilisation" is coming to the west.

A bit like "The Man who shot Liberty Valance" but not as good.

Or in black & white.

Stunning photography (on yer actual film) of Montana.

Most of which begs the question of wtf anyone would want to live there in the first place.

Naturally enough, being a revisionist sort of western, there's no indians Native Americans and the baddies are framing poor old Lefty for a murder.

It canters towards its conclusion with no great urgency.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 August 2018, 21:26.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Turned slightly sunny here.

Roasted some chicken thighs for lunch; nothing fancy, just a bit of salt and pepper. Very nice

Comment

On e good thing about all this Twitter shenanigans is that I seem to have regained my enthusiasm for doing development work. Currently mucking about with a project that's been on the back burner for absolutely ages

Comment

breakfast - sausage & noodle + veg stir fry.
                  Lunch - Banana
                  Tea - Steak & widney pie + I tried the rhubarb wine (1/2 glass) conclusion - I will never need Nitromoors again or be able to drive until Tuesday.

Day - surfing the web taking courses & ribbing remainers.

Afternoon - I went up with our Eldest to see FIL in hospital (Mrs V is pretty much sleeping there). FIL seems to be rallying despite the NHS trying to drive him insane. FFS what do you have to do to get 2 pillows?
                  Then Miss V1 & I went shopping which was nice, who knew you can buy Unicorn horn shaped lollies?
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Breaded cod, chips and peas for dinner.
                    courtesy of my favourite aunt, and her friend, the good captain.

Comment

Tea has been sausages, chips, and beans. Very nice, it was

Comment

Working...
                      X