• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home again

Lunch wasn't too bad; though the service was very slow - there seemed to be plenty of waiting staff, so I suspect the kitchen was shorthanded. And the ale was not at its best, though not actually off

But the three-meat roast I had (topside of beef, loin of pork, breast of lamb) was pretty nice; the lamb in particular managed a nice balance between lean meat and copious, flavoursome fat

And the birthday celebrant was apparently pleased with her presents, as she ought to have been given that they were carefully specified in advance including links to online product pages

I'd much rather that than having to try to figure out for myself what someone wants
    Last edited by NickFitz; 19 August 2018, 17:57. Reason: Sodding autocorrect again.

Comment

Gammon chez mudskipper. First roast in a while, and very nice it was.

Started the day with a swim. Whether face-lurgy appreciated a soak in opaque algae-green water remains to be seen. ATM, it's not hurting, but not looking much better either.

Rest of day spent wiped out. Starting to think signing up for a triathlon in 4 weeks time (albeit a 'novice' one) may have been a bit hasty.

Water purported to be 19.4 degrees, but felt very cold compared to the 18 degrees on my sea swim. May need to don my oversized wetsuit.

Comment

slow cooked Pork paprika, with steamed rice.

bit of a non-day, apart from that.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Good stuff, gammon

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Key point was he had to be able to think in Russian to use the weapons so he had to have Russian as a first language , pretty sure senator McCarthy slimmed that pool right down.
            Nice pali!

Comment

The living room seemed a little cooler.

Checked the temperature. 24°C

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

a) leaving the house keys hanging in the lock of the laundry room until it was time for bed.

b) leaving the car keys on the windowsill next door until this afternoon when I couldn't find them. It's rained a bit since last Friday.
                When I go for my lake swim, there's nowhere to leave 'stuff'. So my key for keyless entry and ignition remains in my lovely MX5 RF (limited edition) ready for anyone to drive off at their convenience. If they do steal my car, they also steal my pants. So far, so good.

Comment

After the huge lunch, just a light snack tonight: some reheated ribs and a few chips

I want to get an early night tonight, for tomorrow morning I head into town to get my hearing aids

And I'll have to sort the links out before that too

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    The living room seemed a little cooler.

Checked the temperature. 24°C
                    It's almost reached the dark at 20:00 stage now.

On several evenings I've found a jumper necessary for added comfort.

Tea, such as it was, was some kippered herring BBE last Wednesday.

I'm not dead yet.

The lentil <pfffft> soup is truly tasteless, so that'll be a change, if not for the better.

However by comparison with the over parsnipped batch and the over parsnipped and over salted batch, it's probably rather more edible.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

Started the day with a swim. Whether face-lurgy appreciated a soak in opaque algae-green water remains to be seen. ATM, it's not hurting, but not looking much better either.

Rest of day spent wiped out. Starting to think signing up for a triathlon in 4 weeks time (albeit a 'novice' one) may have been a bit hasty.

Water purported to be 19.4 degrees, but felt very cold compared to the 18 degrees on my sea swim. May need to don my oversized wetsuit.

‘HE WHO DARES, WINS…’ Rodders
                      I'm sure they have some amusing novices, now when you are a bit of a Diva superstar you can worry.

I was listening to "The Boxer" earlier, after Miss V2 introduced me to the pale imitation rip off of Cecilia by the Vamps.

Great when you get the collywobbles!!
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X