• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Grey, damp, windy, and a good bit chillier than it has been out there today

Though a few weeks ago it would have been thought of as warm. Such is the passing of the seasons, I suppose

Comment

Get them clouts back on you know it makes sense.

Brrrrrr.

Wind seems to have dropped a little.

Sun's come out.

Still parky.

The trip to town yielded a fine selection of preloved dvds including "Treasure Island" with Robert Newton.

Haaaaaaaar! Jim Laaaaaaaad!

I shall watch that later, with any luck.

Treasure Island (1950) - IMDb

Beginning to think that this dvd purchasing malarky has got a bit out of control, what with the physical impossibility of watching as many as I buy per week.

Lunch today was Heinz beans on Morrisons seeded toast (reduced), with a couple of Morrisons sausage rolls (reduced).

It was ok.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Get them clouts back on you know it makes sense.

Brrrrrr.

Wind seems to have dropped a little.

Sun's come out.

Still parky.

The trip to town yielded a fine selection of preloved dvds including "Treasure Island" with Robert Newton.

Haaaaaaaar! Jim Laaaaaaaad!

I shall watch that later, with any luck.

Treasure Island (1950) - IMDb

Beginning to think that this dvd purchasing malarky has got a bit out of control, what with the physical impossibility of watching as many as I buy per week.

Lunch today was Heinz beans on Morrisons seeded toast (reduced), with a couple of Morrisons sausage rolls (reduced).

It was ok.
        The ⅓ bit of the duvet was brought back out of storage again last night

Lunch here has been a sausage bacon & egg baguette (with red sauce) and was exceptionally nice

The sausages were some ones from Morrisons described as "Old English", which I got in the vague hope they might be similar to Walker's Old English sausages of blessed memory. Not sure they were the same as the flavour of all the other things competed, but they were very nice indeed.

(Walker's was a pork butchers in Leicester famed for its pork pies and sausages. During the time of rationing after WWII, they started making crisps as a sideline because of not having enough meat to sell. Now the crisps are still here, but the pork butchers shops are all gone. Sic transit gloria mundi.)

Comment

Just had a letter from the passport lot about arranging an interview.

That'll wait until I've retired.

Washing done.

2 WM and 1 TD and the washing line pressed into use.

The washing on the line spent most of its time horizontal.

In a fit of enthusiasm, sprang into life and removed the 4' x 2' x 4' pile of dvds from the office junk room and arranged them carefully up the stairs.

Feck me, there's a lot.

It took over an hour.

And I discovered even more duplicates which will be off to the charity emporium of my choice next Saturday.

Even found a duplicate of the dire Kenneth Branagh version of Frankestein.

Couldn't find the one I watched so I assume that's gone already.

Found this epic too:

Raid on Rommel (1971) - IMDb

which I immediately conflated with "The Desert Rats" seeing as it's got Richard Burton in it.

Dinner/tea this evening shall be liver & bacon with onion gravy but that'll have to wait for a little later since it's only 20 past 4.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 April 2019, 15:21.

Comment

I'll have to set the timer for the living room light back a bit - it doesn't need to come on at twenty past seven any more

Comment

the 4' x 2' x 4' pile of dvds
              Been dejunking the shed and found a pile of mid 90s 3 1/2" floppy discs. Checked one or two and found a photo of me. Odd, I had less hair then than I've got now.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaar! Jim Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!

John Laurie was in it, but his opportunity for rolling his eyes was limited since he was playing Blind Pew.

1950 seems like A Long Time Ago, and 1765 even longer.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaar!

And as to quite why Jim Hawkins has a Septic Accent, I dunno.

Mostly coz he was born in California and had a very sad end.

Comment

Chinese for dinner as usual, which was very nice as usual

Not overly busy, I was told, once the delivery driver had been chivvied out laden with bags and to a chorus of clashing woks from the kitchen. Reason proposed: "After the holidays people don't have any money"

Bitter wind out there tonight

Comment

<spoiler> Jim Laaaad won out in the end. </spoiler>

This evening's 2nd feature is "The Numbers Station (2013)" with John Cusack et al.

The Numbers Station (2013) - IMDb

I'm not altogether sure that's how a numbers station works, seeing as they usually broadcast non stop.

Well that was ok in its way.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 April 2019, 21:43.

Comment

Pizza & beer as we finished the lawn.

Skip is only half full, damn I may need to throw crap out...
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X