• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well there's a thing: A Ray Liotta film and no one's died yet apart from his wife.

No guns.

Ho hum.

Discovered Yet Another Copy of "The Usual Suspects".

Can't find the one I watched earlier in the year, it's in one of the watched piles somewhere.

Found it.

I must admit that "Corrina, Corrina" was a difficult watch.

The lack of guns was one thing.

The lack of the wiseguys was the other.

Talk about casting against type.

Now watching that thing on Blaze about Unit 731.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 September 2019, 21:41.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

There's a bit of coffee & walnut cake left, but I think I'll save that for tomorrow

Comment

Not much TV tonight; just a thing on the Channel 5 app about EgyptAir Flight 990 which crashed in the Atlantic in 1999, and which I knew about already, it having been the subject of many of those air crash programmes

Other than that, I've been reading Midnight in Chernobyl: The Untold Story of the World's Greatest Nuclear Disaster which I think is very good. I notice there's a highly-rated Amazon review by somebody who reckons he knows more than the author, but there's always one

Early night now, in my nice clean bedding under the thicker duvet

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Turned out to be an "aerial erector"
          2 aerials got married. The ceremony was awful but the reception was great.

Comment

Wet out there.

Comment

Got wet walking from the car to the office - managed to sort of stumble/fall over a bit but no damage done

Happy Tuesdays.

Comment

Morning all

Stumbled across the original version of Oceans 11 on some obscure sky channel last night. So much better than the remake.

Is it just me or was Sammy Davis Jr. by far the coolest character in the film, despite all the hoohaa about Sinatra and Martin?
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

A review I made earlier:

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Porky's was followed by "Oceans 11" (1960) with the ratpack.

Ocean's Eleven (1960) - IMDb

Twas ok, but took its time.

Nice twist at the end that I saw coming.

Morning all

Assuming the all haven't washed away in the deluge, murrain of beasts and old women and sticks.

Undry.

UnSunny.

UnPleasant.

Thankfully UnWindy or it would be worse.

The drip drip drip in the attic woke me at 03:45 just to improve the quality of life again.

However, oddly enough said drip never materialised when the real downpour flooded the road outside.

Odd.

Must be wind direction or some such.

I'll have to get the ladder & go up & have a look.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey, rainy day

The rain has that unremitting air about it; like rain is all it's ever done, and all it ever will do

Makes a change though.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                      Morning all

Stumbled across the original version of Oceans 11 on some obscure sky channel last night. So much better than the remake.

Is it just me or was Sammy Davis Jr. by far the coolest character in the film, despite all the hoohaa about Sinatra and Martin?
                      I seem to remember him being very good in it, though I didn't call him out specifically in my brief review:

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Tonight's movie magic was Ocean's 11 (1960), which I probably saw many years ago but didn't remember. It's pretty good, though I doubt if a modern heist movie could get away with spending an hour on light comedy for getting the gang together before the plan is revealed. (I'll find out when I watch the more recent version, I suppose.)

Comment

Working...
                      X