• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Cat litter is a tricky one to get rid of. The poo can contain parasitic nasties that can make one quite ill. When I had a cat, I used to double bag it and just include it in my weekly refuse for landfill.

Although if kitty is pooping elsewhere, maybe you can get rid of the tray together? They're only really needed for indoor cats
    Can't you put it on the outside of corners at motor-racing circuits in case cars run off the track and need to be stopped quickly but safely?

We have 3 cats and sometimes they don't go out. Mostly when seagulls are about. They can be viscious creatures. Though not as viscious as ex-wives....

Comment

[QUOTE=BrilloPad;2692808 They can be viscous creatures. Though not as viscous as ex-wives....[/QUOTE]

treacle seagulls?

Comment

For breakfast/lunch/afternoon tea, I tried M&S’s bacon-wrapped chipolatas, with fried egg, fried bread, and beans. Quite nice they are, being like an extended disco remix of pigs in blankets. But I think I’ll stick with the tried and true method when making a full-scale fry-up, as that way one gets more bacon. These are good for snacks, though

Comment

The rain seems to have finally stopped

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            The rain seems to have finally stopped
            not feckin here, it hasn't

Comment

It stopped raining here about noon, the skies cleared and the temperature dropped what feels like 10 deg though it obviously can't have.

Lovely golden sunset coming back from the metropolis on the X5.

Shaun the Sheep: Farmageddon was suitably amusing.

Lots and lots of SF references to 2001, H2G2, Close Encounters, Jaws, etc.

Kept me suitably amused for 90 minutes or so, though, as ever, could have done without it being turned up to deafening.

Tea this evening was another portion of that bol I found in the freezer cabinet of the fridge.

And speaking of portions, the control seems to have slipped again on the spag side of things, so stuffed now.

Followed, as ever, by 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The Great British Car Journeys is on 4 at 20:00, which I've managed to remember ().
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I've just found that a glass of rum, with tabasco sauce and old jamaica extra fiery ginger beer is a great substitite for toddy.

mmmmmm.

Comment

For the first time in weeks: a bottle of Old Peculier. Yum.

On the Barrett 50, I do know someone who knows someone who shoots one.

Oddly enough, they reload the brass.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 October 2019, 19:50.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      In the Chinese
                      And very nice too, as always

Somebody appears to have taken a sledgehammer or similar to Ladbroke’s glass (or maybe plastic) door, though they haven’t succeeded in demolishing it; it’s remained in one piece but with cracks all over running from the epicentre. No idea if it was an attempted robbery or a disgruntled punter. Anyway, it hasn’t kept the usual dedicated individual from plugging away on the FOBTs

Comment

Working...
                      X