• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    HWMBO goes home tomorrow and I'll be off to a hen party in St Leonard's on Sea so he's arranged a date night. Off to Mayfair for drinks and then a lovely dinner. I have no idea where he's booked, it's all a lovely surprise.
    Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      lunch has been 3 franks inna bun, with Lots of English mustard, just so i could taste it
      When exercising for more than 24 hours I find everything tastes super strong.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        That's cos a cardiac arrest is a sudden event that usually kills you whereas a heart attack is usually the result of underlying disease and can be treated. I'm sure Mr Fitz will be along to provide some context in due course
        Brother-Out-Law died in July. Got up from couch. Collapsed. Dead by the time he hit the floor.

Its how I want to die. Very sudden

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Having spent between one and three days bimbling about as usual with each of my heart attacks on the assumption that “it’ll feel better soon”, I can confirm that they aren’t necessarily sudden events and don’t necessarily cause cardiac arrest
          Century

Comment

I’m off to Brighton for the conference I go to most years in a couple of weeks. I thought seriously about taking the train rather than driving this time; either way, the journey time is about the same. But it turns out that even with the cheapest advance bookings, that would be more expensive than driving down and paying the exorbitant parking rates charged by Brighton council

Then I thought back to the first time this conference happened, ten years ago. On that occasion I only stayed down there the night before and drove back right after it, as my local pub was being forced to close by DMU and it was its last Friday night (its last night of all was the following Tuesday).

The only thing I gain from staying down there is the conference party on the Friday night. That involves drinking bottled beer I don’t like very much in a bar on the beach while exchanging inconsequential conversation with people I don’t know and never remember. (Sometimes there’s someone I know, usually from having worked with them, but I’ve never got any paying work out of it.) And then I set off as early as possible on the Saturday to try to avoid the midday traffic on the motorways.

So I’m now thinking I might change my hotel booking to just the Thursday night, and repeat my rapid dash home of a decade ago, though this time it’ll just be to get home as there’s no good pubs left to go to in this benighted city

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              HWMBO goes home tomorrow and I'll be off to a hen party in St Leonard's on Sea so he's arranged a date night. Off to Mayfair for drinks and then a lovely dinner. I have no idea where he's booked, it's all a lovely surprise.
              "date night". Thats sounds ominous. He might try to get fresh. Best to keep the pepper spray handy.....

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                I’m off to Brighton for the conference I go to most years in a couple of weeks. I thought seriously about taking the train rather than driving this time; either way, the journey time is about the same. But it turns out that even with the cheapest advance bookings, that would be more expensive than driving down and paying the exorbitant parking rates charged by Brighton council
                Its outrageous when we are all supposed to be driving less. I travel to Wales off peak. £100 return journey. Car costs £70 in diesel.

Often I take the twins so its £300 versus £70.

I reckon its worth an extra £30 for less aggro. Though I hate being in with the Hoi Pollio as DrS would say.

Comment

dinner was a chicken vindaloo with extra everything in a vain attempt to
                  a) taste it
                  b) kill the lurgy that's stopping me tasting stuff.

a) worked fine, and it also cleared my sinuses magnificently.

b) we can but wait in hope.

watching weasels on BBC2.

Comment

Tea has been M&S battered chunky haddock, with chips and beans. Very nice

The wind’s got up outside, though the rain is still patchy.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Its outrageous when we are all supposed to be driving less. I travel to Wales off peak. £100 return journey. Car costs £70 in diesel.

Often I take the twins so its £300 versus £70.

I reckon its worth an extra £30 for less aggro. Though I hate being in with the Hoi Pollio as DrS would say.
                      Yes, it’s crazy. I might calculate it again tomorrow just to be sure, but I’m pretty sure it’ll come out between twenty and a couple of hundred quid cheaper to drive, depending on which train tickets I don’t get

And I actually wanted to get the train this time too; I don’t really enjoy the drive to Brighton, and the station’s only about five minutes’ walk from the conference venue.

Comment

Working...
                      X