• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Bright sunny day out; currently up to 11°C with a forecast high of 15°, so not too hot

It’s got to the point where the pandemic is appearing in my dreams - not dreaming about it in itself, but behaviours and circumstances in the world in which they occur are affected by social distancing and such

Comment

Oh, that's inneresting.

My waking dream or nightmare was being responsible for some electronically controlled box I was under contract to design with zero resources including paper to write on.

Even more inneresting was the photocopier in the dream was being serviced so I couldn't even pinch any paper from that.

It went on for ages before I thought of my log book, this being a captain's log sort of book rather than one full of mathematical tables.

In other news, the gooseberries smell very green indeed.

I suppose they'll be ok with enough added sugar.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Another Sunday, even though it's Monday.

Blue sky, feels a bit on the chilly side. It's apparently 13 degrees at the moment with a forecast high of 16 later.

Coffee being drunk.

I may venture out to the gas and electricity meters today and take some readings.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          Happy birthday to LM Jr. Absolutely made up with his signed copy of Flea's autobiography.
          Happy birthday Jr!

Comment

Morning all
            Blue skies and sunshine here, nice walk earlier followed by meetings

Watching the blue tits go in and out of the nest box
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

A text message just arrived from the GP’s surgery, containing a link to some external website. Having checked the domain and confirmed that it’s some external service provider for GPs, and therefore probably not phishing, I followed it and, after confirming certain details to prove it’s me, was rewarded with… a PDF letter informing me that I am officially categorised as Vulnerable - not General Population (which is good because have you seen the population in General?) and not Extremely Vulnerable, just Vulnerable. Apparently this means I should avoid contact with people displaying symptoms of Covid-19, which is pretty much what I was planning to do anyway

Wonder if it’s enough to get me a delivery spot from Sainsbury’s?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Happy birthday to LM Jr. Absolutely made up with his signed copy of Flea's autobiography.
                Happy birthday Jr!
                WlmS!

Well, maybe not depending on just how Jr

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  A text message just arrived from the GP’s surgery, containing a link to some external website. Having checked the domain and confirmed that it’s some external service provider for GPs, and therefore probably not phishing, I followed it and, after confirming certain details to prove it’s me, was rewarded with… a PDF letter informing me that I am officially categorised as Vulnerable - not General Population (which is good because have you seen the population in General?) and not Extremely Vulnerable, just Vulnerable. Apparently this means I should avoid contact with people displaying symptoms of Covid-19, which is pretty much what I was planning to do anyway

Wonder if it’s enough to get me a delivery spot from Sainsbury’s?
                  Worth a try.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    WlmS!

Well, maybe not depending on just how Jr
                    He's old enough, he's at uni. Mrs LM also got him a bottle of Knob Creek whiskey and we got him some clothes too.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

He's old enough, he's at uni. Mrs LM also got him a bottle of Knob Creek whiskey and we got him some clothes too.
                      Then away!

Comment

Working...
                      X