• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'll go for a walk.

The Legs have been quite uncomfortable despite the up & down the staircase thing.

Some fresh air may do them good.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      Worth a try.
      Just had a look and they're only prioritising the “Extremely Vulnerable”

Seems like it’s hardly worth being Vulnerable at all

Comment

I still haven't had a letter from Boris. Does that make me exempt from all the rulez?

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          I think I'll go for a walk.

The Legs have been quite uncomfortable despite the up & down the staircase thing.

Some fresh air may do them good.
          I had really uncomfortable legs last night, kept me awake they did.

I suspect I need to do some real exercise to remind them what they're there for.

Comment

I have ventured to the place where the meters for each flat are kept and taken my readings. Well, I took a photo of the meters and then toddled back to my flat to decipher them.

I'm sure someone here knows why electricity meters have dials that run clockwise and anti-clockwise?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              I have ventured to the place where the meters for each flat are kept and taken my readings. Well, I took a photo of the meters and then toddled back to my flat to decipher them.

I'm sure someone here knows why electricity meters have dials that run clockwise and anti-clockwise?
              clockwise is correct, the other is if you have solar panels i.e putting electrcity back into system!!!

can't you get a smart meter ? no more reading of meters and can keep an eye on daily usage, just wait until hair dryers / kettles / toasters / microwaves are switched on, it shoots up
              Last edited by AndyGarbs; 20 April 2020, 10:38.
              Married

Comment

Originally posted by AndyGarbs View Post
                not sure which way, but going one way is correct, the other is if you have solar panels !!!

can't you get a smart meter ? no more reading of meters and can keep an eye on daily usage, just wait until hair dryers / kettles / toasters / microwaves are switched on, it shoots up
                Smart meters won't work in my block, the meters are all in a place where the signal won't reach.

Old fashioned electricity meters have two types of dials - a bit like this:

Comment

Guineafowl doing their thing (also feature's The Wife's (tm) voice, she's the one doing the filming)

…Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      I still haven't had a letter from Boris. Does that make me exempt from all the rulez?
                      I’m pretty sure they said he was writing to “every household”, but we got one letter between five households here. I saw it in the hall, where somebody had opened it then discarded it, and shortly after that the landlord threw it away

Comment

Working...
                      X