• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I have ventured to the place where the meters for each flat are kept and taken my readings. Well, I took a photo of the meters and then toddled back to my flat to decipher them.

I'm sure someone here knows why electricity meters have dials that run clockwise and anti-clockwise?
    I would assume they’re all connected to the driveshaft via geared cogs. One cog turning clockwise would drive its adjacent cog counterclockwise. Gearing them at a 10 to 1 ratio would give you units, tens, hundreds and so on for as many cogs as fit in the box

Comment

There was a spare sausage left over from last night’s fry-up, so lunch has been that, cold, in a white bap; no sauce

Comment

Lunch: can of Heinz Tomato soup with a hint of chilli, with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, yogurt corner thing in red cherry, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

It's getting windy out there now.

Freecell score: 85% mostly because I couldn't be arsed to play more to bump it back up, running average 83%.

On the Kermode Heists programme last week he mentioned "Bound(1996)" and lo! I spot a dvd of "Bound" starring Christian Slater and Christopher Walken.

Ah, not the same film

Takes 10 minutes to figure out it's actually:

Bound (2013) - IMDb

And, from the sounds of it, it's crap.

Just to prove me wrong it is now showing "Bound (2013)"

Even more disappointing it's not

Bound (2015) - IMDb
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 April 2020, 13:30.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Guineafowl doing their thing (also feature's The Wife's (tm) voice, she's the one doing the filming)

Funny wee things!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I would assume they’re all connected to the driveshaft via geared cogs. One cog turning clockwise would drive its adjacent cog counterclockwise. Gearing them at a 10 to 1 ratio would give you units, tens, hundreds and so on for as many cogs as fit in the box
            That makes satisfyingly logical sense, thank you!

Comment

Lunch was from Tesco - £3m meal deal of ham and cheese baguette, orange lucozade and sweet thai chicken McCoys. Decent value.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Lunch was toasted soda bread and a slice of cherry and almond cake.

Have tentatively booked to visit HWMBO for a couple of weeks at the beginning of May. Hopefully I will be allowed to do the journey. As it's just under two weeks away, we can both make sure we're extra careful in the intervening period.

Comment

Brambles massacred.

Goosegrass massacred.

Fuschia massacred (looks like it's dying, so a good trim might help a bit).

Pear tree looks to have set well this year, should keep the jackdaws happy once the apples have finished.

Judging by the itchiness of the throat, the pollen count is pretty high.

If I could be arsed it'd be a good day to run the scarifier over the lawn.

But I can't so I won't.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    Lunch was from Tesco - £3m meal deal of ham and cheese baguette, orange lucozade and sweet thai chicken McCoys. Decent value.
                    Three million quid seems a tad pricey to me, but it depends on the quality of the ham I suppose

Comment

It looks like a really nice afternoon out there but, once again, it’s only about 14°C and there’s a bit of a breeze. As a result, now the sun has moved round and is no longer shining on the front of the property, I’ve had to close the windows

Comment

Working...
                      X