• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Bit of a project/experiment for tea tonight: homemade steak & ale pie, with chips, peas, and gravy; and very nice it turned out

The ale in question was Spitfire, and the steak was shin of beef. I cooked the beef in the InstantPot[emoji769], along with beef stock, ale, herbs and such, so it was good and tender, then put the meat aside and thickened and reduced the resultant gravy. Then I prepared two pies, one for immediate consumption, and the other now in the freezer, unbaked. Baked the first for about thirty minutes, gas mark 6, middle of the oven. Sorted

Baking the other one from frozen will probably take about forty minutes at a guess, but I’ll just have to see when I get around to having it
    A steak and ale pie is on my to-do list too and shin is the cut I was going to get. Mine will have mushrooms in it cos I like them.

Shop bought or home made pastry? I am torn between shortcrust all round or rough puff top and shortcrust bottom.

Need to figure out when to do that. It may be parked to the end of May now as I don't want to be buying too much over the next fortnight.

Comment

TFBSZ
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        A steak and ale pie is on my to-do list too and shin is the cut I was going to get. Mine will have mushrooms in it cos I like them.

Shop bought or home made pastry? I am torn between shortcrust all round or rough puff top and shortcrust bottom.

Need to figure out when to do that. It may be parked to the end of May now as I don't want to be buying too much over the next fortnight.
        Shop-bought puff pastry. In fact, that’s the reason I made it - I must have bought it a few weeks ago, and forgot all about it until I noticed it in the fridge at lunchtime and realised today was its use-by. As I had the diced shin of beef in the freezer, I decided to go for it

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          I wonder if I'll manage to stay awake for E3 of Civilisation this evening.
          Happily enough, I did. Maybe it was more gripping than E2.

Followed by "Wonderfalls" E7 "Barrel Bear" being the tale of two ladies disputing who was the first Septic woman to go over Niagra Falls in a barrel.

And E8 "Lovesick Ass" being the tale of a 13 year old kid who orders himself a Russian bride over the interweb.

Then it was on to Simon Shama's History of Britain E1.

Now watching the latter half of "The Deadly Affair (1967)" with that nice James "Rommel" Mason as George Smiley (named Dobbs in this for some reason).

The Deadly Affair (1967) - IMDb

Oddly Inspector Mendel is called Inspector Mendel.

The character of George Smiley, John le Carré's hero, was renamed Charles Dobbs for this movie.

This was because the "Paramount" Studio had bought the rights to the Smiley name when they produced "The Spy Who Came in from the Cold (1965).
          Ok, that explains that then.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 April 2020, 22:43.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tonight’s viewing was Deepwater Horizon (2016) as this is the tenth anniversary of it blowing up. It's good as oil-rig-exploding films go.

It seems quite windy out tonight

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all. Another day of sunshine, breeze and thrashing at clientco's spreadsheets

Comment

Morning all

CBS, pleasant day out, unfortunately the walk with The Dog (tw) was shorter than usual due to an 8.30am meeting
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Good morning all. Clear blue skies and sunny out. 12 degrees already!

First coffee being drunk.

Comment

I did ping BP yesterday morning to check he was ok. Not had a reply so I guess he's not ready to come out of hiding yet.

TPD needs the drivel

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      I’d just like to point out that this is page 32768 (if you use the default ten posts per page) which is 215
                      hi NF, i did mention this a while back and BP assured me everything is going to be OK, #StayHome
                      Married

Comment

Working...
                      X