• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Popped up to the Amazon Locker, where there was somebody already about to use it, much to my surprise - can’t remember the last time that happened.

Anyway, he entered his code, and a locker opened, and he took two things out, looked into the back of it as if expecting more, then closed the door and left. Approaching it, I discovered that the touchscreen was displaying its “Open Locker” button and, when I tapped it, another door opened revealing a further box.

I ran round the corner of the shop and shouted after the guy, and he came back and was very grateful as he had indeed been expecting a third box

Once that palaver was over I was able to get my own treasure: a pulse oximeter. This was because of a thing in the NY Times the other day by an ER doctor over there, explaining that many victims of the current plague don’t feel breathless until a lot of damage is already done because the way the virus attacks the lungs doesn’t impede exhalation of CO2, just absorption of O2, and the body only feels breathless because of a high CO2 concentration. So he advised using a pulse oximeter to keep an eye on one’s normal O2 level and seek medical help urgently if it starts to drop significantly.

And anyway, it’s always fun to have a new medical gadget to play with

My O2 level appears to be between 98% and 99% depending on which finger I use and how well I position it

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      This was because of a thing in the NY Times the other day by an ER doctor over there, explaining that many victims of the current plague don’t feel breathless until a lot of damage is already done because the way the virus attacks the lungs doesn’t impede exhalation of CO2, just absorption of O2, and the body only feels breathless because of a high CO2 concentration.
      This thing to be precise (free, but you might have to make up an email address): Opinion | The Infection That’s Silently Killing Coronavirus Patients - The New York Times

Comment

Once that palaver was over I was able to get my own treasure: a pulse oximeter. This was because of a thing in the NY Times the other day by an ER doctor over there, explaining that many victims of the current plague don’t feel breathless until a lot of damage is already done because the way the virus attacks the lungs doesn’t impede exhalation of CO2, just absorption of O2, and the body only feels breathless because of a high CO2 concentration. So he advised using a pulse oximeter to keep an eye on one’s normal O2 level and seek medical help urgently if it starts to drop significantly.

My O2 level appears to be between 98% and 99% depending on which finger I use and how well I position it
        Take the nail varnish off

Depending on the design, it may work well clipped to your ear.

I think less than 95% saturation starts being concerning.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          I think less than 95% saturation starts being concerning.
          Yes, something like that I think

Comment

The Septic oximeter Dr was on the PM prog saying this.

Tea: the last of Sunday's curious collection of lamb & "meat" with carrots & onions again.

I was a bit heavy on the pepper (white & black) and the hot smoked paprika, so nearly blew my head off. <- Me

Sweet: custard with stewed apple and gooseberries.

0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: possibly more Civilisation, more Siman Schama's History of Britain, and Wonderfalls.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              The Septic oximeter Dr was on the PM prog saying this.
              He gets everywhere. Maybe he’s a virus too?

Comment

Cherry & almond cake out of the oven

It looks generally OK, and smells delicious, but it doesn’t seem to have risen as much as last time I made it

Oh well, I daresay it’ll be all right for eating

Comment

Popped up to the Amazon Locker, where there was somebody already about to use it, much to my surprise - can’t remember the last time that happened.

Anyway, he entered his code, and a locker opened, and he took two things out, looked into the back of it as if expecting more, then closed the door and left. Approaching it, I discovered that the touchscreen was displaying its “Open Locker” button and, when I tapped it, another door opened revealing a further box.

I ran round the corner of the shop and shouted after the guy, and he came back and was very grateful as he had indeed been expecting a third box

Mine is dreadful. 92/93 and then rises to 95/96 if I take very deep breaths
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                    Mine is dreadful. 92/93 and then rises to 95/96 if I take very deep breaths

Was it already like that, or has this come on recently?

Comment

Omlettes for dinner. Need to use up the eggs. (Only had 6 laid today)
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X