• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Lunch: Heinz tomato soup with a hint of Basil my little piranha fish ( won't be buying that again and there's at least one other can of it in the cupboard) with multiple slices of Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread (slightly stale but it was 22p per loaf), bramble jelly sandwich on same, fruit corner thing, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Everything tasted a bit odd, I blame the basil.
    The Heinz tomato soup with a hint of chilli is quite nice but not worth spending any extra on it. It's easy enough to just chuck in chilli to taste and achieve pretty much the same result.

Comment

Well, there's a thing. An accurate weather forecast!

It be raining. Only a light shower at the moment.

Comment

lunch was an M&S scotch egg with english mustard and earl grey tea.
        got some serious incanting to do at 13:00, best shine up my pentacle, hat and wand(s).

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          The Heinz tomato soup with a hint of chilli is quite nice but not worth spending any extra on it. It's easy enough to just chuck in chilli to taste and achieve pretty much the same result.
          Yes, I've had some of that, I suspect that the basil version was all that was left on the shelf back in the days of the bogroll crisis.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            no it isn't
            Oh yes it is!
            He’s behind you!
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

lunch is guinea fowl tagine with orzo pasta. A combo likely to have purists wailing.
              Guinea fowl?

YOU’RE EATING GUINEA FOWL?
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                guinea fowl?

You’re eating guinea fowl?
                HWMBO cooked it up on his last visit and it was portioned then popped into the freezer.

It's very tasty.

Delicious in fact.

I may have seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  About forty people/ sets of people ahead of me. Maybe a third as many as two weeks ago, and moving quickly at the moment
                  Should have gone yesterday when it was persisting down. Straight in, straight out.

Lunch was microwave ready meal chicken tikka massala from Tesco Finest range. Above average for a microwave meal to be fair to it, but they do tend to be better when nuked from chilled instead of frozen.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Just been queuing in the road to get some cream from the shop.

The local vicar was in the queue - but dropping off left over Lindt easter bunnies from the church, so he was his usual friendly and polite self - no idea how he remembers my name, he only sees me at births/deaths and the village fete.
                    “A good churchman is always up in everybody's tulip. That how we do.” - Deacon, The Wire S4E4

Comment

Shopping done, brought home, brought in, put away, hands washed

Saisnbury’s queue was only about twenty minutes. Inside, people seem to be getting better at keeping their distance. And apart from flour, everything I sought was there - not that I really needed flour much, but I could have done with a bag Just In Case if there’d been any. I didn’t bother looking for pasta, but thinking back, I don’t remember noticing a large gap down that way when I went past.

The in-store bakery, which had reduced its range, is starting to expand it again, so I was able to get soft white finger rolls

No sesame bloomer though, so I had to make do with an ordinary one

Plenty of beer and wine though, and Badger’s Poacher’s Choice, which is one of my favourite bottled ales, is reduced to £1.50/bottle at the moment

M&S’s queuing system was extremely deceptive. The queue from the exterior Food Hall entrance went down the side of the store, with a chap at the head controlling admissions. But then, when you were let in in, the way into the Food Hall was barred, and you had to join a second, internal queue along the side of the men’s clothing department to get to its in-store entrance

Fair enough, that entrance is wider, but it comes as a bit of a disappointment

The internal queue, once it was past the jeans, also snaked back and forth past displays of towels, decorative glassware, scented moisturisers, cut flowers, and so forth. I assume this is the M&S equivalent of putting the sweets by the checkout queue

Comment

Working...
                      X