• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Dog walked.
    Rain cloud passed by very fast, putting a few drops on the windows, but not enough to make a difference.
    Back to blue skies.
    Bread now rising in tins. (Fresh yeast wholemeal recipe, it only takes 4 hours end to end)

Now to cut the grass and other stuff.
    Grass not cut.

Hail storm for 5 mins, then blue skies, then rain. Dog trembling beside me, which probably means there’s thunder writhing 50 miles of here.

Bread in oven.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Wind still windy. No sign of rain. (Other forms of precipitation are available)

Found we have a new permanent resident in the garden. A large frog living inside the Otter based water feature we inherited when we bought the house. Found him after going to empty it out with a view to moving it. Cleaned it out and refilled with water and left him to it instead.

Dog still under my desk, but now chewing on the bone from a small leg of lamb, the meaty bits of which have been removed and diced to make a spiced lamb stew later.

Waiting for aubergines and peppers to cool after roasting so they can be peeled and prepped to go with it.

Lunch has been a thick sliced bacon sandwich with ketchup.

Cup of tea and a sit down for a bit.

Son wants a new laptop for his birthday, the 10 year old Mac Book Pro I gave him a few years back is finally dying.
      Last edited by DaveB; 23 May 2020, 13:09.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Afternoon all

We all went to bed about 2 am in the end. Many more cocktails were imbibed, with child friendly alternatives made.

Finally surfaced about 12 ish wherein the eldest finished off the bagels they had been making and HWMBO prepped a load of salmon and other accompaniments. I had sausage in my bagel as I don't like salmon.

Comment

Lunch: lentil <pfffft> soup found a far distance down in the freezer, been there a while, with the last couple of (stale) slices of Morrisons multiseed bread, corner yog thing, pippy & red, bramble jelly sandwich on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower seed and spelt bread (bought the same time as the multiseed but lasts much longer), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

It's 21 deg in here at the moment but it still feels cold due to the draught coming down the chimney.

I suppose I'd better start cooking the bol if that's wot I'm having for tea.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Short go on the exercise bike; I’ll go for a walk this evening to make up the time.

More importantly: sausage rolls are in the oven, and should be ready in a few minutes

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              More importantly: sausage rolls are in the oven, and should be ready in a few minutes
              And very nice they are

Comment

Still windy.

Food all prepped. Just needs heating through when we are ready to eat.

Dog has finished all but 2 inches of her bone but is carrying the last bit around with her, just in case.

Time for a sit down before I jump on the turbo for a bit. Not riding outside in this wind, it's just bloody hard work.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  I suppose I'd better start cooking the bol if that's wot I'm having for tea.
                  Bol encooked.

It can simmer for a while until I'm hungry enough to bother with the spag.

Just had a gloriously lovely pear, Morrisons 5p for 5 (reduced from £1.50).

It was worth every penny of the penny I paid for it.

<hiatus>

Tea: spag bol with the bol enhanced with chilli powder, hot smoked paprika, garlic powder, and onions.

It was, indeed, very nice, and following a week in the freezer, next week's offering should successfully blow my head off.

Orange segments & custard (it transpires that Mr Bird, despite reports to the contrary, did not invent it in Port Tenant, Swansea in 1837, rather he invented it in Birmingham), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Yum.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 May 2020, 16:51.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon all

Weather - on/off rain/sun all day

Breakfast - usual - toast

Linner - Papa Johns

Got some nice goodies from Tesco delivery, some things you just can't get in Aldi !!!

Hobnobs (milk choc)
                    Digestives (milk choc, In The Factory last week was shown making them)
                    Chocolate (new M&M bars)
                    Beer
                    Cider
                    Coriander and Lime poppadoms

TV - Finding Dory, Taken 3
                    Married

Comment

Wind’s died down a bit now

Comment

Working...
                      X