• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TFBSZ
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      TFBSZ
      WHS
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Still up.

Work was pointless from a doing perspective but fine from a billing one.

Dinner was a yummy cheesy pasta shells thing and asparagus.

I made a cocktail, eldest child made a cocktail, youngest child made a cocktail and now HWMBO is making a cocktail.

I made for adults only. The eldest made child friendly variants. Youngest made for adults only. HWMBO is making child friendly variants.

Televisual viewing has been focussed on YouTube food and cocktail videos.
        Last edited by ladymuck; 23 May 2020, 13:14.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Entertainment (continued): The Beiderbecke Affair E1, wherein Trevor Chaplin purchases 4 Bix Beiderbecke LPs off a platinum blonde door to door sales lady, but receives 4 totally unrelated LPs.

I thought it was a long time since I'd seen it.

(c) 1984.

The Beiderbecke Affair (TV Mini-Series 1985) - IMDb

San Quentin High.
          I started watching that some time ago, but I wasn’t in the mood for it at the time and stopped again. It’s still on my “things people whose judgement I respect watched in the 1980s and thought was good” list, and I have the trilogy box set, so I hope to come back to it some time in the right mood because by all accounts it’s very good

First up to bat here tonight was Their Finest (2016), which I thoroughly enjoyed and which I don’t mind admitting brought a tear to the eye on several occasions. I know DrS has seen it, but the rest of you should pop down to any charity shops in your vicinity as soon as they open to get this one (or just buy it from your usual online service like me). Big recommendation

To follow, Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (2011). As with the previous one, the basic principle of Holmes and Watson as vigorous men of action is sound (Holmes even comments on Watson’s propensity for beating crap out of first, asking questions later in several stories) but everything is terribly overdrawn, thereby ruining the entire basis of the thing

Also, jokes about Stephen Fry’s character being gay because so is Stephen Fry but that’s OK may have seemed ever so clever in that brief period when being gay had just shifted to being OK but was still seen as a bit outré, but nobody cares now if someone’s gay, so all of that seems incredibly dated. Still, I think they meant well, and I suppose it’ll serve as a kind of record of that time when society’s attitudes were changing for the better

And then, for no good reason, S1E2 of I’m Alan Partridge: Alan Attraction (TV Episode 1997). FFS, Alan

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Dry.

Very windy.

Sunny sometimes.

Sky looked a bit Simpsonsesque just now.

Coolish.

Apparently Saturday from the nonsense emitted by the wireless.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Breezy out.

Bread is rising, dog is waiting to be walked.

Comment

Morning all

Bloody windy out.

Coffee brewing.

Dog is fast asleep under my desk, and show no signs of moving in the foreseeable future.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

It's raining.

<hiatus>

Hammering down.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 May 2020, 09:33.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Dog walked.
                    Rain cloud passed by very fast, putting a few drops on the windows, but not enough to make a difference.
                    Back to blue skies.
                    Bread now rising in tins. (Fresh yeast wholemeal recipe, it only takes 4 hours end to end)

Now to cut the grass and other stuff.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Quite cloudy out, and very windy

No rain though, or at least not yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X