• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all
    The Dog (tw) almost got hit by a bunch of mountain bikers today when they decided to come through the trees down a steep bank onto a byway without looking. Of course they felt it was my fault for not spotting them.

Worth pointing out: they weren’t “young people” most were in their 40s, I’d guess. They weren’t women, they weren’t black or Asian, they were white English middle-aged men with no respect and no sense of responsibility.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

They weren’t women, they weren’t black or Asian, they were white English middle-aged men with no respect and no sense of responsibility
      What was their political stance?
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        What was their political stance?
        Dead if WTFH hadn't been out without a gun.

I well remember something similar happening to me.

And people wonder why wires get stretched across paths.

The rain has turned into halfhearted drizzle.

The beef lamb (19/09/18) is aroasting.

The rice pud is beginning its trip towards the oven by warming up in the poppity ping.

And the Sunday morning vac is about to begin.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 June 2020, 09:55.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Had a very nice lie in this morning. Some odd dreams but don't quite remember them.

I seem to always have a tune in my head when I wake up. Sometimes I don't mind the tune, other times I'm utterly disappointed by the crud my brain has selected to torture me with. I may start a thread to inflict my daily earworms on everyone else.

I realised I said hPa for my barometer reading yesterday but I should have said mBar. It's all new to me! According to the weather app it's at 1,014 and mine is reading 1,012. That's close enough and allowing for variations between reading locations I reckon (until I find out it's a log scale and that's an order of magnitude difference or some such!).

Anyway, fine dry and sunny day. 20 degrees and forecast to reach 22 with some cloud.

I really need to plant out the plant plugs I got for my flower baskets!

Oh and a loaf is in the oven having done a slow rise while I was at the parentals and a second over night.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            I realised I said hPa for my barometer reading yesterday but I should have said mBar. It's all new to me! According to the weather app it's at 1,014 and mine is reading 1,012. That's close enough and allowing for variations between reading locations I reckon (until I find out it's a log scale and that's an order of magnitude difference or some such!).
            Mine is showing 1011mBar on my DDR manufactured barometer as purchased from Boots in the 1980s.

It's a linear scale.

Took an ibuprofen tablet this morning.

I think I'll take another at lunch time and a third at tea time.

Should relieve the agony for a while.

New agony has erupted between the shoulder blades, just to add to the neck agony.

Comment

I don't know when mine was manufactured. A while ago, I would imagine. There doesn't seem to be a makers mark on it anywhere. I'll have a closer look later.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Quite cloudy out with a grey overcast sort of thing going on, though not the kind that promises rain; up to 21°C now

Comment

Lunch: roast lamb, rice pud (done to a turn again, I seem to be getting my hand in again), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Another ibuprofen tablet ingested as suggested earlier.

Off out on the weekly Sunday afternoon shopping trip to Tesco and Morrisons.

Hope they've got some white cabbage this week since I don't like the purple stuff I had to buy last week.

20.5 deg in here at the moment.

Neck is complaining at the moment.

Comment

Loaf turned out nicely.

Plants planted. That'll give my neighbour something to comment on when she notices.

Had a good clean up of what I'd generously call my "shed" and of my general little patio area once the messy business of planting had been done.

No parking spaces have revealed themselves yet.

Comment

Also. Rather warm out. Muggy, I'd say.

Comment

Working...
                      X