• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found some payslips from 25 years ago last week.

I'm sure I've got payslips from 45 years ago somewhere or other.

Tea: Morrisons cheese topped stick, bramble jelly on Hovis crust, beetroot sandwich on Hovis bread, ham and mustard (Irish, "strong") on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, orange (squeezed), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea, 1 x ibuprofen tablet.

Yum.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 June 2020, 17:07.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Still no Monkey Life, so instead I finally got around to watching the rest of the thing about the baked beans factory, then continued with the series to find out what they've all been up to at the crisp factory three or four miles away on the other side of the city

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        I have made a start on the pile of paperwork that needs shredding. One rubbish bag filled and the pile doesn't seem much smaller.

I may pop out and see if a parking space has materialised. I suspect I'll have to wait a day or two as people seem to be doing sociable things and parking restrictions don't exist on a Sunday.

compost heap!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Freecell score: 86%, runing average 83%.

Entertainment: Filthy Britain SOS on 5.

The Queen and the Coup on 4.

HSB S1 E5: "Double Jeopardy".

Timeless S2 E9: "The General"

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            compost heap!
            Sadly, I don't have one, and it's not feasible to have one.

I was discussing this with the parentals yesterday - they are in the process of shredding my Nan's papers. It's quite annoying that the recycling doesn't accept shredded paper because the fibres are too short. I can't believe that someone hasn't come up with something it can be used for (other than hamster bedding).

The biggest annoyance with shredding is bloomin' staples.

Comment

Dinner was a defrosted pie portion and roasted veggies.

The barometer seems to change setting when its tapped. Currently on 1013 mBar, weather app says its 1015 mBar.

Warm out. The living room window may have to be opened.

Comment

Sadly, I don't have one, and it's not feasible to have one.

I was discussing this with the parentals yesterday - they are in the process of shredding my Nan's papers. It's quite annoying that the recycling doesn't accept shredded paper because the fibres are too short. I can't believe that someone hasn't come up with something it can be used for (other than hamster bedding).

The biggest annoyance with shredding is bloomin' staples.
                We can put shredded paper in the recycling here

Comment

Dinner was a defrosted pie portion and roasted veggies.

The barometer seems to change setting when its tapped. Currently on 1013 mBar, weather app says its 1015 mBar.

Warm out. The living room window may have to be opened.
                  Yes, proper barometers need to be tapped to make sure the needle's in the right place. A standard trope of 1930s novels set in country houses is somebody tapping the barometer in the hallway and muttering about the weather

Comment

A taste of student days for tea tonight: curried mince and chips

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Freecell score: 86%, runing average 83%.

Entertainment: Filthy Britain SOS on 5.

The Queen and the Coup on 4.

HSB S1 E5: "Double Jeopardy".

Timeless S2 E9: "The General"
                      Delete "Timeless" and replace with Dr Pimplepopper wherein our heroic doctor removes a horn from a lady's scalp, pops an enormous cyst on a chap's chest, the contents of which, since he's black, are a peculiarly vile dark colour, unlike anything that's been on there before, the rest of the prog was the usual lipomas which aren't nearly as much fun as cysts.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Yes, proper barometers need to be tapped to make sure the needle's in the right place. A standard trope of 1930s novels set in country houses is somebody tapping the barometer in the hallway and muttering about the weather
                      One doesn't have to tap mercury barometers.

But then again, the aneroid kind don't poison you.

Comment

Working...
                      X