• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Yu auld rumantic!
    When we first met I saw she had a pair of big gloves. Even back then I thought, "she's a keeper."
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Entertainment: Timeless S2 E6: "The King of the Delta Blues" which I can't remember anything about so it must be inneresting.

At 22:00 on BBC4 it's "Chasing the Moon" wherein the septics get to the Moon.

Whatever stuff is to be found in the extras of "Frequency (2000)".

Sapphire & Steel S3 E3 & 4.
      In addition, in the absence of "Sewermen", I watched "Hill Street Blues" S1 E1: "Hill Street Station" introducing all those wonderful characters, many of whom are no longer with us.

Now watching the launch of Apollo 11.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 June 2020, 21:29.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        When we first met I saw she had a pair of big gloves. Even back then I thought, "she's a keeper."
        You know it

no glove, no love!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Late tea has been lamb scouse out of the freezer

And I forgot to mention that the Sainsbury's in-store bakery has started making sesame bloomers again, so I had a few choice bits of a fresh one of those to go with it

Comment

Decided to have a mooch about on Etsy for no good reason and happened upon a pair of glass cups and saucers that look an uncanny match for the set my Nan gave me when her and my Granddad moved from Surrey to up the road from the parentals, about 19 years ago. One of cups got broken a little while after I moved to London (not my fault!) and I was rather miffed. I vowed to keep an eye on tat stores and the like for a replacement and it seems I've found it! Hurrah! I had to buy two cups and saucers rather than the one cup I needed so I will now have five cups and six saucers, which doesn't feel like much of an improvement in the complete set stakes. However, I can at least make sure a set of four is safely stashed and maybe use the new spare one. Undecided as to what to do with the errant saucer. Maybe I will still find a saucerless cup. I bet if I got rid of it, one will turn up.

Interesting to see that people attributed the style to the 1960's or 70's. My Nan said she was given them as a wedding gift, which would have been 1940's as she married during the war.

If anyone sees a cup like this, please let me know!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Decided to have a mooch about on Etsy for no good reason and happened upon a pair of glass cups and saucers that look an uncanny match for the set my Nan gave me when her and my Granddad moved from Surrey to up the road from the parentals, about 19 years ago. One of cups got broken a little while after I moved to London (not my fault!) and I was rather miffed. I vowed to keep an eye on tat stores and the like for a replacement and it seems I've found it! Hurrah! I had to buy two cups and saucers rather than the one cup I needed so I will now have five cups and six saucers, which doesn't feel like much of an improvement in the complete set stakes. However, I can at least make sure a set of four is safely stashed and maybe use the new spare one. Undecided as to what to do with the errant saucer. Maybe I will still find a saucerless cup. I bet if I got rid of it, one will turn up.

Interesting to see that people attributed the style to the 1960's or 70's. My Nan said she was given them as a wedding gift, which would have been 1940's as she married during the war.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                You know it

no glove, no love!
                She's loved me a long time and it's cost a LOT more than ten dollars!!!
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  I watched "Hill Street Blues" S1 E1: "Hill Street Station" introducing all those wonderful characters, many of whom are no longer with us.

Now watching the launch of Apollo 11.
                  And the landing of the LEM.

One small step is on Tuesday at 22:00 BBC4.

The Equalizer has just demonstrated why you don't bring a knife to a gun fight.

There's a review of HSB S1 E1 which gives it a rating of *.

Obviously some sort of moron.

Applied a liberal quantity of ibuprofen gel to my neck & shoulder.

It's helped a bit.

And now we're on to the joys of "Sapphire & Steel".
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I was working in Strasbourg when my wife and I started dating. Out there, they have a wine glass for local wine, it’s a small glass on a green stem. You can buy it in the local Auchan for a couple of Euro per glass. We used to have 4 of those glasses at home but after breaking a couple I went searching on fleabay and found someone selling 8 of them,d scribed as “bad taste, 1970s kitsch”, and I’m thinking “reminder of Alsace”
                    But for £2.50, who’s going to argue about the title!
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      I was working in Strasbourg when my wife and I started dating. Out there, they have a wine glass for local wine, it’s a small glass on a green stem. You can buy it in the local Auchan for a couple of Euro per glass. We used to have 4 of those glasses at home but after breaking a couple I went searching on fleabay and found someone selling 8 of them,d scribed as “bad taste, 1970s kitsch”, and I’m thinking “reminder of Alsace”
                      But for £2.50, who’s going to argue about the title!

never mind what you call it , they mean something to you!

My wife is into vintage cat mugs, paying £8 for one seems silly but it makes her happy! We only have a days worth of billing...
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X