• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dog walked.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Mrs LM made a lovely chicken fajita pasta bake for tea (I'm northern, so f**k off, it's tea). She can stay a bit longer.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Just tracked down an unbelievably stupid bug deep down in a third-party product - I have the source, so I've been able to pinpoint exactly what's wrong. But of course I can't fix it; I'll have to sling a bug report at them, and in the meantime I have to try to find some workaround

And it's raining steadily again. Might do the shopping anyway, as I'll probably have a better chance of dealing with the above after taking a break from it. Maybe a solution will come to me as I queue in the rain outside Sainsbury's, or better still, walk straight in because nobody else wants to risk having to queue in the rain

Comment

News story on the BBC about Marmite rationing production nd only making the small jars due to a shortage of yeast extract now the breweries are shutdown.

I now want Marmite on toast, but have no bread left as I ate the last of it for lunch smothered in pate.
          Last edited by DaveB; 11 June 2020, 19:20.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Just tracked down an unbelievably stupid bug deep down in a third-party product - I have the source, so I've been able to pinpoint exactly what's wrong. But of course I can't fix it; I'll have to sling a bug report at them, and in the meantime I have to try to find some workaround

And it's raining steadily again. Might do the shopping anyway, as I'll probably have a better chance of dealing with the above after taking a break from it. Maybe a solution will come to me as I queue in the rain outside Sainsbury's, or better still, walk straight in because nobody else wants to risk having to queue in the rain
            Sussed out a quick fix

Now to try and remember what I need from the shop…

Comment

Dinner was chicken Kiev and stuff.

Watched part 3 of chasing the moon.

Got a headache. Turned off the telly.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                And there we have it: go to Sainsbury's around twenty to nine on a rainy Thursday evening, and it's just like old times

No queue, I just grabbed a trolley and breezed on in. Hardly anybody else in the place besides staff; probably an average of one punter per aisle, all of them shying away from one another. Decent stocks of all the things they can get stocks of in the first place - only one Big Chicken left, mind, but that's all I wanted anyway. No normal flour, but loads of bread flour; not that I needed flour, I just happened to cut down there to avoid some hapless stranger. And no queue for the self-checkouts, although the big ones for trolleys were shut so I had to do that annoying pile-building on the tiny shelf of the normal ones.

Anyway, all sorted now and one less thing to worry about for another couple of weeks

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Just done my first bit of ExchangeOnline powershell administration. Had to turn off the crappy Cortana "round up" bolloxy emails Microsoft decided everyone needs to receive.

What's wrong with an opt-in to this crud?

Wonderful tool PowerShell I wrote a script to parse a 5GL language so we could build data diagrams and help files. Amusingly I was told by the head of crappy code development it wasn't possible < 100 lines later and wow! As an old fart I did consider VB first but I have to get down with the cool kids.

The problem with an opt in is that no one would. I remember users saying "oh it was from IT I ignored it" - we sent an email once a quarter with the 'call to action' in the subject, it was normally log out by 18:30 or similar.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    Mrs LM made a lovely chicken fajita pasta bake for tea (I'm northern, so f**k off, it's tea). She can stay a bit longer.

Yu auld rumantic!

Comment

Dinner was Pasty & chips care of Miss V2 washed down with Mocne.

Now fixing some XSL originally birthed most definitely out of wedlock by a citizen (nicest word for it) programmer 16 years ago , its still tulip!

Comment

Working...
                      X