• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One package arrived.

Currently the Amazon delivery has changed from "Sometime today" to "1pm - 9pm today" and is now showing "12:45pm -4:45pm today" but no link to a tracker to show how many stops.
    Edit: just updated to "1:15pm - 5:15pm"
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I was up early enough this morning to fit in Joan of Arcadia S2 E16, which means there's 6 left, the last being the inevitable cliffhanger since they assumed, incorrectly, that there'd be a S3.

Then went to town & got some veg and a couple of preloved dvds in case I run short of same tomorrow.

The walk got walked, it was colder out there today than yesterday, but nice and dry apart from the wet bits.

The morning's Freecell score was 100%, the running average remains stuck firmly at 82%.

Lunch was poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (crust).

Nice enough followed by a bramble jelly sarnie and 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        He's ok, thanking you kindly. Still recovering from the ickiness with the odd lapse in energy levels because he's not quite got his appetite back.

I've made sure he's had a substantial lunch today as we're off to this wedding and helping out by doing the photos. Lots of standing about is going to knacker us both.
        this one?

Couple’s bizarre wedding invites are savaged for having obvious spelling mistakes

At first glance it looks like a standard wedding invite, with two snaps of the happy couple alongside all the date and venue information.But the invite starts off with a glaring error by saying ‘your invited’ – instead of the correct ‘you’re’.
        And it then goes on to reveal details of the wedding ‘ceramony’, instead of ‘ceremony’.
        A snap of the badly spelled invite was posted to Facebook, where hundreds of people have commented on the post, questioning whether the designer forgot to proofread it.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

“Bizarre” seems a rather extravagant adjective for “has a missing apostrophe and a spelling mistake”. Also, “savaged” seems an over the top description of a dozen or so people on Facebook acting all superior

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            One package arrived.

Currently the Amazon delivery has changed from "Sometime today" to "1pm - 9pm today" and is now showing "12:45pm -4:45pm today" but no link to a tracker to show how many stops.
            Edit: just updated to "1:15pm - 5:15pm"

Checked 5 mins ago and it still said 1:15-5:15.
            Hit refresh. Message says "Parcel was handed to resident."

Um. NO.

Went to the front door. Parcel was sitting on top of the food waste bin, which was collected this morning, but I hadn't brought in yet.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              “Bizarre” seems a rather extravagant adjective for “has a missing apostrophe and a spelling mistake”. Also, “savaged” seems an over the top description of a dozen or so people on Facebook acting all superior

its the sun wot dun it!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                its the sun wot dun it!
                Indeed

Comment

The afternoon's entertainment included JoA S2 E17 and a thing on PBS about the Cuban Missile Crisis.

A damn close run thing, what?

Tea was M&S breaded haddock which I managed not to overcook too much so was nice enough.

Rounded off with 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The remainder of the evening will see off more of JoA assuming I'm able to contain the excitement.

Currently wondering if Doctor Who will be worth watching tomorrow.

I have my doubts.

In other news the annual battle has begun outside with the valley echoing to the sound of detonations.

It's not even 19:00 yet.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 31 December 2019, 18:40.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    In other news the annual battle has begun outside with the valley echoing to the sound of detonations.

It's not even 19:00 yet.
                    Juts heard the first round going off here - a single, so either somebody checking they’ve got everything ready to annoy everyone at midnight, or just some random imbecile chucking a banger in the street

Comment

Funnily enough my friend didn't quite proof read the invite and only realised too late that they'd missed off the venue

Comment

Working...
                      X