• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning alll

Grey.

Dark.

Dreary.

Dry.

Bit colder at 17.8 deg in here currently.

Wednesday apparently.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all :wave;
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Just going for brekkie at the hotel then the arduous drive home (25 minutes)

Wedding was good but am knackered. Loads of people said "thanks for doing great photos" yet none have seen them

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          This ******* thread will be closed and deleted once it reaches exactly 32,768 pages.

My story thread should be ok for another 15000 years then. Or it would be if I wasn't posting from a ZX81.
          Last edited by xoggoth; 1 January 2020, 10:31.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            My story thread should be ok for another 84 years then. Or it would be if I wasn't posting from a ZX81.
            Many a true word spoken in jest:

ZX81 Connects To The Network | Hackaday

Comment

morning

happy new decade peeps.

not at home again, so limited access.
              i don't suppose anyone'll notice, mind

Comment

Less than a year until the next decade now.

Comment

Feeling horny?
                  Man has five-inch cancer 'dragon horn' removed from back | The Independent

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey sort of day out

I see I neglected to catalogue last night’s viewing, so for completeness:

Last year’s final film was, appropriately, about a New Year party: The Poseidon Adventure (1972) which I gave up on after ten minutes or so last time I tried to watch it. I was more tolerant of the slightly overwrought acting (even before the disaster) this time, and it’s not that bad really, as 1970s disaster movies go. I first saw it at the Lower School Film Club in the Memorial Hall at school back in 1973. I believe there was some kind of arrangement then whereby films weren’t shown on TV until five years after their initial release, but it seems I had to wait until Christmas 1979 to see it again

And after midnight, a rewatch of a film I first watched around this time last year: Straight Outta Compton (2015), which is very good even if you haven’t previously paid close attention to the careers of such people as Mr. Cube

Next: lunch

Comment

Originally films weren't shown on tv for 10 years after release (back in the 40s/50s IIRC).

Lunch involved baked beans on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (crust).

Nice enough when rounded off with a beetroot sarnie and 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

So far in the ennui of existential angst that is New Year's Day, I've watched the Specials on JoA, plus the commentary on the penultimate S2 E21 ep which was amusing enough but for the introduction of a naughty person in the sight of the Almighty.

Anyone feeling mad enough to run out & buy this:

The Later Years: Amazon.co.uk: Music

£300!

I thought not.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 January 2020, 14:32.

Comment

Working...
                      X