• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    In the office for 0530 today for a visit to an aircraft deicer. I now know lots about deicing rigs. Weather was too mild to see any action but we've pencilled in a visit in the New Year when I'll go out in the rig and watch the process and/or get to play at being a deicer by practising on the 'green goddess'.
    I was in a plane once while it was deiced - one of those little Saab turboprop things. I’d been summoned to Aberdeen by my then employers; at EMA they cancelled the flight and took us up to MAN in a coach, where we boarded a plane that first stopped at EDI. At that point it was decreed that we be deiced, so a thing came and sprayed some kind of fluid all over us, after which we were finally able to continue up to ABZ

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      That's normally my go to product! This one just snuck up on me a bit with feeling generally grotty for a few weeks.

Comment

East Midlands Railways have refunded 50% of my train fare to Manchester for the CUK do, due to the delays which led to me getting there about thirty minutes later than planned (and by a considerably more circuitous route)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          East Midlands Railways have refunded 50% of my train fare to Manchester for the CUK do, due to the delays which led to me getting there about thirty minutes later than planned (and by a considerably more circuitous route)
          Beers on you at the next one then.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            Beers on you at the next one then.

I’m also waiting for the other refund from the journey back that got stuck outside Hope for two hours

Comment

Lunch has been zingy chicken & lentil soup, with wholemeal bread

All while watching Australian Customs harassing people for simply having bags filled with heroin

Comment

Lunch was poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpking seed toast (crust), with a beetroot sarnie and 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea rounding it all off.

Today's score on Freecell was 92%.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Eeeh. Wot u dun Brillo? I slipped over a couple of weeks ago and bashed me back on the border wall while cleaning me little van. All ok in a week but it's nice to know that neighbours come rushing to help you when they hear you shout "F........................!" at the top of your voice.

According to BR14 twas just a scratch for me. I came off bike - fell on hip. While hobbling I have knackered my hip flexor. Grrrrrrr

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I was very poorly yesterday when I was supposed to be visiting the parentals to drop off presents.

Not sure what caused the proliferation of vomit but the prime suspect is Friday night's oysters.
                    This is the prime suspect

Well it always makes MrsBP vomit.

When I say always, I mean the once. It was January 2007. The night I took her to darts. She lowered her guard. And thus she became pregnant.

Actuallt the bit about the darts is untrue. It was Rohypnol.....

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      get that fecking black cat to feck off and leave me alone.
                      I thought it was the same with people?

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      I bet they still discover very little? And spend a long while doing it.....

Comment

Working...
                      X