• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today I have definetly gone backwards. I will see the quack tomorrow.

My hip flexor is killing me. I can stand the pain. But the constant felling of being about to fall over does my head in.

Comment

No idea what the weather is like. It is dark outside.

Comment

Some good news. Usually I am paid on the last day of the month. I will get paid on the 23rd this month. Which is tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Some good news. Usually I am paid on the last day of the month. I will get paid on the 23rd this month. Which is tomorrow.
          March will be a better month. I get my bonus. As I went permie this year, I get a guaranteed bonus. And they pay the NI too.

Comment

The kids have been annoying me. So I got a cat. And acted out "Peter Rabbit". With the actions. While singing. They sent them packing.

Comment

MrsBP planning her Christmas shop. I think it might be 7am tomorrow.

Comment

One whole page of drivel! Awesome!

Comment

dinner <yes, i'm still here> was yet another steak pie with chips and peas.
                  healthy eating is not here.
                  with the rest of last night's Rioja.

is it someone's birthday soon?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    One whole page of drivel! Awesome!
                    no, pics of jupiter from manmade probes are awsome.
                    your shoes/cat/baby/dinner is not.
                    it's less awesome than clicking 'like' on a page of drivel, actually.

Comment

In Smith's cove it's the slipway, the L shaped thing, the U shaped thing, the concrete wall with a couple of pipes in it.

Possible box drain.

Now they're doing a lidar scan and sonar scan of the opposite side of the island from Smith's cove.

One of the chaps looks like Boris. Poor sod.

Centre of Geographic Studies.

They've found "an anomaly on the sea bed.

The stuff from last week: bit of iron slag, what they thought was leather is plant, probably bark, piece of what might be rag paper.

More searching of the hammer grab stuff from H8.

Pottery. More "leather". Iron nail, square section, possible decking nail.

Off to some university to consult some paper experts.

Might be wove paper.

The Oak Island nutjobs have a bijou problemette: the ground around the H8 can is subsiding.

A lot.

They are stopping oscillating the can but still using the hammer grab.

They've taken the bits of "paper" they found last week to some university for examination under a microscope for whatever good that did, which wasn't much.

The subsidence is turning into a big feckoff sinkhole overnight.

8 feet deep by 11 feet across.

Next week they do a dye test.

I'm no expert on paper identification but I'd have thunk that an x ray fluorescence test would indicate the elements present in what might be ink or paint rather more conclusively than looking at it with a light microscope.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 December 2019, 22:55.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X