• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Reply to my queries from SJD. For open-ended contracts just put the company year end, and the customer can be recreated for the next year if I’m still working with them. And all the invoice stuff can be ignored if I wish - I can just carry on generating my own invoices and enter the details on the system, and ignore the ones it generates; they don’t get sent anywhere automatically.
    Almost sounds pointless using their system...

Comment

WFH today so dinner was a Turkish lamb stew with a roasted aubergine puree. Eaten early as I have a Physio appointment at 6:30.

Speaking of which....

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Got the MySQL/Chef/Ubuntu problem sorted out. As far as I can tell, it was because of some non-default setting that I hadn’t even realised I was setting. Going back to the defaults has sorted things out

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Got the MySQL/Chef/Ubuntu problem sorted out. As far as I can tell, it was because of some non-default setting that I hadn’t even realised I was setting. Going back to the defaults has sorted things out
          until it hasn't

Comment

Dinner has been had. Chicken, pasta and things. And a small glass or so of wine.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              you gang up on me, there Will be T-rub-L

just saying like

Comment

Sainsbury’s didn’t have any half-shoulders of lamb last Friday (or whenever it was I went shopping), so I got a whole shoulder instead. So tea tonight has been an exceedingly nice roast lamb dinner

And the wholeness of the shoulder means there’s loads left for another meal, and there’ll be plenty after that for Scotch broth, which itself will benefit from the extra bone

Comment

Welsh Password Generator

Comment

The evening's entertainment was BTVS S7 E14 & 15 interspresed with Angel S4 E14 & 15, whereupon it transpires that Angel S4 E15 should have been preceded by BTVS S7 E16.

It matters not but there you go.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Just went on the GP’s site to order this month’s repeat prescription, and one of my medicines has been changed. Not just to something similar, or a generic version, but a completely different kind of drug; done without any consultation with me, and without informing me there was going to be a change, or advising me about anything to do with the new one such as possible side effects and what-have you. Pretty sure they’re not supposed to do that; even if they’re allowed to, it strikes me as very bad manners

I’m going to go in there tomorrow to see what the hell they’re up to

Comment

Working...
                      X