• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Shifting these ancient tvs down the garden is going to be a challenge since my left elbow is playing up so carrying the fecking things is a tad painful.

I think the 26" one in the office has earned a reprieve since there's no way I can shift it at present.
    Do you not have a sack truck or similar tucked away somewhere about your demesne? Though I suppose it wouldn't help if they can't be lifted on to it in the first place.

I should be sitting at my newly-clean and rearranged desk space Doing Things, but instead I'm skiving in an armchair listening to Magazine, Comsat Angels, and next - by way of contrast - Jethro Tull

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      and next - by way of contrast - Jethro Tull
      good taste, that man

fraught day at the hospital, but all looks good.

well, as good as it gets at my age.

they reckon i should give up *everything that makes <my> life worth living, so i can expect to live a few years longer, albeit miserably.

aye, - right was my reply.

FFS.

*bikes, booze and rock 'n' roll

feck 'em.

Comment

Crappy day at the office today. HWMBO handed me a G&T as walked in the door this evening. He's a good lad.

Yesterday we went to see this: Ibiza: The Silent Movie (2019) - IMDb it was really very good. Covered the history of Ibiza both serious yet with a tongue in cheek angle. Only at art house cinemas but no doubt will be downloadable at some point.

Three sleeps until hols.

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

Still around 23°C in here, though it's not been above 19°C outside all day. Need a few days with a steeper temperature gradient, it seems

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Do you not have a sack truck or similar tucked away somewhere about your demesne? Though I suppose it wouldn't help if they can't be lifted on to it in the first place.
            The other one went down the garden in the wheelbarrow but getting it out of the house into the wheelbarrow and out of the wheelbarrow into the boot of the car were equally difficult.

Fortunately I got it off the floor this afternoon onto a low stool so didn't have to pick it up off the floor again.

Once was enough.

The 26" tv is simply too big, heavy & awkward to deal with, and it still worked the last time I turned it on.

This evening's viewing has comprised Apollo 10 & 11, with brief mentions of 13, and 17.

Followed by a prog about the design & engineering of the LEM.

Which was interesting.

Then about 5 minutes of the end of "Taken".

However, it is INNERESTING to see that the A303 programme is on BBC4 at 23:00.

Oh, the living room at 23:03 is at 22.2 deg C which is reasonably acceptable.

Upstairs is warmer.

Now to find a book to send me to sleep since the Black Death one got finished this afternoon because it was remarkably efficient at so doing.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 July 2019, 22:04.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              good taste, that man

fraught day at the hospital, but all looks good.

well, as good as it gets at my age.

they reckon i should give up *everything that makes <my> life worth living, so i can expect to live a few years longer, albeit miserably.

aye, - right was my reply.

FFS.

*bikes, booze and rock 'n' roll

feck 'em.

They always say that kind of thing

What's that line from The Long Good Friday? Something like "If you're drinking less than your doctor, you're alright"

Comment

Three further episodes of Spiral/Engrenages watched

Goodnight all

Comment

Overcast in Manchester....

happy Tuesday...

Comment

Morning all, if all there be.

Grey.

Overcast.

Sunless.

November all over again again.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all overcast but pleasant out. Going camera shopping with Darth Father this morning, then down to the south coast.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X