• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    ah, you share my problem with the cardiorenalapathy then, i see
    Yup.

Some things are just too much trouble to bother with.

How the feck I'm going to clean behind the tv is anyone's guess.

Maybe I could dismantle it all but it might not go back together again.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

More desk shenanigans sorted out. Finding an arrangement that allows me to use both the 27" iMac and the 34" second monitor comfortably is a bit of a hassle though; I may go for one of those corner desktops IKEA do, though there's no corner to put it in. I envisage having it poking out into the room at an angle, as that will satisfy the various constraints on its positioning, including not getting too close to the fire.

Anyway, I suppose I ought to start thinking about getting dinner on in the not too distant future.

Comment

the lamb <see earlier post> was as wonderful as it smelled.

rice, as i had no couscous to accompany it, but i'm very pleased with the result.
        thanks nick, it was on a whim triggered by one of your posts aeons ago, that i purchased the slow cooker.

CUK has unforeseen benefits <ignoring That thread>

Comment

This evening's epic was "The Gunman (2015)" with Sean Penn, Idris Elba, Mark Rylance and Ray Winstone.

The Gunman (2015) - IMDb

It was better than "The Sweeney" which is damning it with faint praise.

It was ok but nothing to write home about.

Tomorrow I may sort the televisual apparatus out.

Or not as the case may be.

There's a number of items that are either useless or otherwise don't work any more that can go to meet the recycling skip.

Or be kept in case they come in handy, like.

I sit corrected, The Sweeney gets 6.1, The Gunman gets 5.8.

I suppose that's what makes horse races.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 July 2019, 21:39.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            thanks nick, it was on a whim triggered by one of your posts aeons ago, that i purchased the slow cooker.
            I'm an influencer!

Tonight's dinner here has been roast pork with the usual accoutrements, and very nice it was

Comment

Started watching a film earlier but I wasn't really in the mood for it, so that's been shelved for later consumption. Been reading a book instead

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all A bit murky out, haven’t ventured down stairs yet, but will need to take the dog out soon as I suspect she is touching fur.

Then I need to wash The Toy. (Perfect weather for it)

In other news, did I mention that I’m not invoicing this week?
                Dad is visiting for a few days (him of the multiple heart attacks in September). Who knows where we’ll go for day trips, but if you live in Surrey/Sussex/Hants and spot The Toy, gives us a wave.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all.

Dry.

Sunnyish.

Cool but about to get warmer, like.

Monday.

It is Monday, innit?

If it isn't I must have had my Sunday dinner on the wrong day.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    ...Then I need to wash The Toy. (Perfect weather for it)

In other news, did I mention that I’m not invoicing this week?.. if you live in Surrey/Sussex/Hants and spot The Toy, gives us a wave.
                    He who dies with the most Toys, wins!

Quick exit...
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey out and a mild 16°C

This has helped it get down to around 23°C in here a bit sooner than expected. I'll need to put the fire on at this rate

Comment

Working...
                      X