• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the televisual apparatus tonight, more from S4 of Spiral/Engrenages: Episode #4.7 (TV Episode 2012). I see that IMDb’s episode summaries are out of sync; the summary on E6 is the summary for this episode, and on this one it’s E8’s

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Just went on the GP’s site to order this month’s repeat prescription, and one of my medicines has been changed. Not just to something similar, or a generic version, but a completely different kind of drug; done without any consultation with me, and without informing me there was going to be a change, or advising me about anything to do with the new one such as possible side effects and what-have you. Pretty sure they’re not supposed to do that; even if they’re allowed to, it strikes me as very bad manners

I’m going to go in there tomorrow to see what the hell they’re up to
      Hmm, turns out there’s been a recall of at least some manufacturer’s versions of the stuff I was on, Ranitidine 150mg, because traces of a carcinogen have been found in it: Zantac – MHRA drug alert issued as GlaxoSmithKline recalls all unexpired stock - GOV.UK

I assume this is the reason for the sudden change. Still would have been nice to be told, but maybe there’s a letter in the post

Comment

Can’t sleep
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning folks.

Was awake at some ungodly hour with cramp in both calves. Right calf is still sore so I guess I'll be wearing flats all day today.

Persisted it down rather enthusiastically last night. This morning it's dry, wind has died down and it's not too cold. Still dark at present. It was nice to hear the birds twittering on my walk to the tube station. Didn't last long before the traffic on Cromwell Road (A4) drowned them out.

Comment

test please delete

Morning.

I’m trying to figure out how I can book a taxi in France without speaking in my non-existent French. [emoji20]

This is the only bit where technology has let me down.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                Morning.

I’m trying to figure out how I can book a taxi in France without speaking in my non-existent French. [emoji20]

Uber.... It's what I use when I'm there, and all the drivers I've had speak (rudimentary) English. Most have been Russian [emoji2962]
                I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  Morning.

Bonjour

Avez Vous Une taxi pour Le airport....

Anyway quite pleasant in Manchester today - not sure where the 60 mile an hour winds went which were forecast - I sometimes think the weather people really over egg the pudding sometimes making out that the world is going to end when all we really got were a few turned inside out umbrella's - I know who i blame.

Anyway only a few more days to the Xmas party!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    I've had the heating on all afternoon so it's like a Turkish bath in here now.
                    Please don't tell us your stories about your times in Turkish Bath Houses.....

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Sainsbury’s didn’t have any half-shoulders of lamb last Friday (or whenever it was I went shopping), so I got a whole shoulder instead. So tea tonight has been an exceedingly nice roast lamb dinner

And the wholeness of the shoulder means there’s loads left for another meal, and there’ll be plenty after that for Scotch broth, which itself will benefit from the extra bone
                      We are planning to get a shoulder of lamb soon. From Joe the Butcher. Who sells meat from the sheep he raises. The one we got in the summer was the tastiest lamb I have ever known.

Comment

Working...
                      X