• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Interesting link. So other episodes I will never waste time on. "The Top 25 Finds". "The Top 25 Theories". "The Top 25 Moments". "The Top 25 Moments You Never Saw".

I note that the last episide has "quit or continue?".

One day they will discover God tending a herd of alien lizards. Or something.

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Which part of "retired" did you find difficult to understand?
    Sorry I forgot to add the

Comment

Went to the doctor. I am now on very strong painkillers. And not to darken their door again - any worse then go to hospital.

Comment

Just seen Christmas Carol - the new one on the BBC. Episode one. Good but not as good as I hoped.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Went to the doctor. I am now on very strong painkillers. And not to darken their door again - any worse then go to hospital.
          Eeeh. Wot u dun Brillo? I slipped over a couple of weeks ago and bashed me back on the border wall while cleaning me little van. All ok in a week but it's nice to know that neighbours come rushing to help you when they hear you shout "F........................!" at the top of your voice.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I was very poorly yesterday when I was supposed to be visiting the parentals to drop off presents.

Not sure what caused the proliferation of vomit but the prime suspect is Friday night's oysters.

In the office for 0530 today for a visit to an aircraft deicer. I now know lots about deicing rigs. Weather was too mild to see any action but we've pencilled in a visit in the New Year when I'll go out in the rig and watch the process and/or get to play at being a deicer by practising on the 'green goddess'.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I was very poorly yesterday when I was supposed to be visiting the parentals to drop off presents.

Not sure what caused the proliferation of vomit but the prime suspect is Friday night's oysters.

In the office for 0530 today for a visit to an aircraft deicer. I now know lots about deicing rigs. Weather was too mild to see any action but we've pencilled in a visit in the New Year when I'll go out in the rig and watch the process and/or get to play at being a deicer by practising on the 'green goddess'.
              De-icing rigs sound interesting.

And as for the vomit - just the Oysters or was it what you washed it down with?

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                it's nice to know that neighbours come rushing to help you when they hear you shout "F........................!" at the top of your voice.
                My neighbours wouldn't bother since I'm permanently effing and blinding, particularly when mowing the lawns or attempting to get that fecking black cat to feck off and leave me alone.

I do get a bit loud at times.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Interesting link. So other episodes I will never waste time on. "The Top 25 Finds". "The Top 25 Theories". "The Top 25 Moments". "The Top 25 Moments You Never Saw".

I note that the last episide has "quit or continue?".

One day they will discover God tending a herd of alien lizards. Or something.
                Don't worry, it goes on and on and on:

The Curse of Oak Island - Season 7 - IMDb
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 December 2019, 12:18.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon all
                  Nice walk on the beach this morning with The Dog (tw) now filling in timesheets for how many hours I’ll be doing claiming this week.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

In other news: walk walked.

Rather busy up that lane today so I came back down through what used to be the forest.

All the decent existing paths were wrecked when the trees were felled, and the replacements really are crap.

I don't normally walk along those paths and the one that's next to the leat is demonstrating rather vividly exactly how much water has been flowing down & overtopping the path in several places.

It must have been torrential coz the water is about a foot or more lower at the moment and it's not been exactly what you might term "dry" over the last week.

In fact it explains why one path isn't there any more, it's because it got washed away.

Before I went it was nice & sunny, then it went overcast, and now I'm back it's nice & sunny again.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Working...
                      X