• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evening all

Dinner was almost a very noisy guineafowl.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Entertainment (continued): Two Sisters, One body, the story of the Mexican conjoined twins.

<hiatus>

Followed by Timeless S1 E11 "The World's Columbian Exposition" wherein our heroes go back to 1893 Chicago World's Fair and meet the first Septic serial killer H.H. Holmes, who built a hotel for the purposes of killing people.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 31 May 2020, 22:05.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tea has been zingy chicken, tomato and lentil soup, with the usual bits of bread. Delicious, nutritious, and not too heavy on the calories

Comment

In lieu of Monkey Life, which is shamefully absent from the TV schedules at the moment, I just watched the third and final episode of the BBC's Primates, concerning various research and conservation programmes. All good stuff, but the thing about the gestural language of chimpanzees was fascinating

Comment

And then finished No One Would Listen, all but various appendices, which I'll glance over tomorrow on the off chance they're worth reading. The final chapter I only skimmed through, as it presented the guy's ideas for how the SEC should be reformed. All good ideas, no doubt, but as it was published ten years ago I assume that anything that was going to end up getting done has already happened, and anything else won't now, or not until another such catastrophic failure of regulation is exposed

Looks like it'll cool down a bit later in the week. I think I'm about ready for that; there's no need to have warm weather all the time

Goodnight all

Comment

Good morning all!

Daily Report
              ########

Location - WFH

Weather - Sunny, clear skies and warm!

Parish notes - Wife cut my hair again yesterday - back down to 9MM. Started growing beard - not coming out "Strawberry Blond", more "Grey and White". Where have the years gone?
              Received a missive from the "Mother Ship" informing us that we have to use 1 week of this year's vacation entitlement plus any days carried over from last year before the end of June and another week by the end of August. It could be worse, some of the folks in the US have been furloughed. Personally if I were a conspiracy theorist I'd say that redundancies were on the cards - less holiday pay to fork out when they announce the layoffs.

On a brighter note, last year's bonus to be paid in June's salary - the Tax Man will be happy!

Oh well, better dust off my CV, be prepared and all that...

If anyone is out there doing some looting and pillaging(Sorry, lawfully protesting) can they pick me up a pair of "New Balance" - size 14 and a Sony TV, 55"? Thanks in advance.
              Last edited by Zigenare; 1 June 2020, 05:43.
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Morning all
                CBS, etc. Currently 16C outside, but it felt warmer on the morning stroll.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all.

A look up and out told me there are blue skies again. Currently 18 degrees, forecast to reach 24 later

Like NF, I too am looking forward to it cooling off later in the week. I will complain about it, of course, but it will be nice to have a bit of a break.

I managed to get the remaining 1,100 ish steps yesterday in general pottering about the flat. I was 40 steps short of target at bedtime and, whilst I could have waved my fitbit around, I did the right thing and did a few laps of the flat to bring the total up.

Back to w*rk today but off on Friday

Anyone heard from BP?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Evening all

Dinner was almost a very noisy guineafowl.
                    HWMBO has a very good tagine recipe should you need one.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Morning all.

A look up and out told me there are blue skies again. Currently 18 degrees, forecast to reach 24 later

Like NF, I too am looking forward to it cooling off later in the week. I will complain about it, of course, but it will be nice to have a bit of a break.

I managed to get the remaining 1,100 ish steps yesterday in general pottering about the flat. I was 40 steps short of target at bedtime and, whilst I could have waved my fitbit around, I did the right thing and did a few laps of the flat to bring the total up.

Back to w*rk today but off on Friday

Anyone heard from BP?

Nope but I'm likely to be in his area at the tail end of this week.
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X