• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A TV night this evening, starting with the first twenty minutes or so of part two of the Waco thing on iPlayer.

After that, S1E5 of Babylon 5, and then S1E3 of Ófærð, aka Trapped.

And finally an episode of Seinfeld which wasn't very good in my view, though I've never been convinced the show deserves the way people rave about it in the first place

It's raining and windy out

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all Crisp & frosty out.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Another sunny morning, around 4°C

But a chance of snow this afternoon

Comment

My Dad's out of hospital and back home

Relegated to a bed in the dining room for now. But then again, that's where his computer desk lives, so it's handy for that

Comment

Snowing quite heavily here.

Although it is very wet so probably not going to stick which is good news.

Comment

Should you be of that ilk that buys films off iTunes, they've got a shedload of good stuff in all genres, including many recent releases, at £2.99 this week

I may just have bought twelve films…

Comment

My Dad's had the health visitor or some such round, who said he needed to get a variety of tools to avoid bending down and so on. The place they recommend is some chemist's shop which is very difficult to park near, and by all accounts is a bit expensive for such things.

So I went on Amazon while on the phone with my Mum and ordered a long-handled grabber thing and long-handled shoe horn, those being the two that were highest on her list, to be delivered to them. Warned them not to dispose of the packaging until they were sure they were the right size and what-have-you, so they can be returned if need be.

Twenty quid the lot, one being delivered tomorrow, one on Thursday

Comment

Apparently it's been snowing slightly, but I assume it thawed the moment it landed as it just looks a bit damp out

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    My Dad's had the health visitor or some such round, who said he needed to get a variety of tools to avoid bending down and so on. The place they recommend is some chemist's shop which is very difficult to park near, and by all accounts is a bit expensive for such things.

So I went on Amazon while on the phone with my Mum and ordered a long-handled grabber thing and long-handled shoe horn, those being the two that were highest on her list, to be delivered to them. Warned them not to dispose of the packaging until they were sure they were the right size and what-have-you, so they can be returned if need be.

Twenty quid the lot, one being delivered tomorrow, one on Thursday
                    My mother was very untidy, so stuff would frequently disappear without trace in her flat. After she died, we found 13 grabber thingies! I took them all down to the communal lounge and left a "help yourself" sign.

Comment

Tea/dinner was M&S breaded haddock. It was quite nice.

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

This evening's epic is "A Bridge Too Far(1975)"
                      Tonight's minor epics were the 2nd dvd of the special edition of the above, followed by "Aircraft Confidential" on Quest.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X