• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Re the Ikea thing, maybe they're not au fait with the idea of the Allen key?
    When Greggs phones McNulty to moan about it, he asks “Have you got the right size Allen key?” but surely there is only one size (for Ikea’s stuff specifically, not in the world) and it comes in the box?

Just think of the problems if they were confronted with Torx(tm) or Bristol Spline.
    Well, quite

Comment

On the bus to Sloane Square, passed the KFC in Earls Court Road which had a huge poster declaring them open on Christmas Day.

I know somewhere like Japan has a KFC day at this time of year, I didn't realise there was demand for it here

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        On the bus to Sloane Square, passed the KFC in Earls Court Road which had a huge poster declaring them open on Christmas Day.

I know somewhere like Japan has a KFC day at this time of year, I didn't realise there was demand for it here
        DD wants to go to Japan to the all you can eat KFC. Just to prove I did not imagine this KFC opens all-you-can-eat-and-drink buffet restaurant in Tokyo - Japan Today

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          partner's vacuum cleaner dismantled, cleaned, washed and laid out to air dry.
          Dare I look that up on urban dictionary?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            afternoon.
            partner's vacuum cleaner dismantled, cleaned, washed and laid out to air dry.
            got to keep in the good books at this time of year

just have to work out how to mantle it again tomorrow
            Indeed.

A random bit fell out of mine last Sunday & I can't figure where it's supposed to go.

I think I'll leave it out since the machine still seems to do the business.

Walk walked since the deluge is currently on hold for a while.

Lunch turned out to be beans on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast accompanied by a Ginsters Vegan Pasty (Morrisons, reduced).

I've tried their vegan stuff before & it's very nice.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 December 2019, 13:39.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              what she’d read about it on Ceefax or wherever she gets her news nowadays
              It could be worse. It could be the CUK news feed.

And you would probably get told off for having the same dinner every Saturday night.....

Comment

Indeed.

A random bit fell out of mine last Sunday & I can't figure where it's supposed to go.

I think I'll leave it out since the machine still seems to do the business.
                Maybe it is like a car. When you take it apart and put it back together, several bolts are meant to rattle around the petrol tank.....

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  I assume she had some reason for telling me all about what she’d read about it on Ceefax or wherever she gets her news nowadays
                  She won't be getting news off the Beeb red button teletext for much longer because it's being closed down.

Yet less service for my licence fee.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

She won't be getting news off the Beeb red button teletext for much longer because it's being closed down.

Yet less service for my licence fee.
                    I am not sure how the BBC will survive? These days I hardly watch it. Netflix is awesome!

Loss of BBC news would be really bad though.....

Comment

Apparently they’re doing rugby football this afternoon, up at the place that’s in the way when I walk to the station.

Comment

Working...
                      X