• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Now I need to decide what to have as a post-pub snack, and what to watch
    The snack was a ham sandwich on sesame seed bloomer, as it turned out; very nice

The watching was going to be a continuation of the All Of James Bond project with Octopussy (1983). I’ve never seen this one before. And, having put up with it for forty minutes, I decided that it can stay that way, as it's absolutely terrible

Seriously, what a steaming pile of crap. When it thinks it’s being arch and clever it’s just corny, and when it thinks it’s being exciting it’s just clunky. The All Of James Bond project will henceforth be called the All Of James Bond Except That Flaming Heap Of Garbage Octopussy project

Having abandoned that waste of film, I instead embarked on S4 of The Wire with E1 Boys of Summer (TV Episode 2006) and E2 Soft Eyes (TV Episode 2006). Much better

Goodnight all

Comment

CUK was down earlier. Well at least for me. Did admin forget to feed the server hamster.

Comment

Morning folks.

Nice weekend so far down in Sussex. Visited my poorly Nan in hospital, much discussion about the care she needs and how the NHS just want the bed back. Also visited my oldest friend (known her since I was 17 or thereabouts) and her three riotous kids. Hubby was on a night shift and they were all in "show off to Auntie LM" mode which made me laugh but drove her up the wall. Mum is soon to make bacon sandwiches and then I'll decide whether to head home directly or go via the hospital for one last visit.

Weather seems nice down here. Blue skies through the crack in the curtains.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Weather seems nice down here. Blue skies through the crack in the curtains.
          <-Nan.

The view through the gap between the curtains shows patches of blue interspersed with white.

Colder. 17.7 in here.

Dry.

Looks a bit windy.

Fecking terrible night again, endless coughing, <coughs again immediately after typing that> got up at some point and took some more benylin and gran marnier and some other cough mixture in a vain attempt to stop said coughing.

What helped most was pulling the sheet up over my face & breathing the warmer damper air without suffocating myself by farting too much.

It'll be a relief when this lurgie pisses off.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Fecking terrible night again, endless coughing, <coughs again immediately after typing that> got up at some point and took some more benylin and gran marnier and some other cough mixture in a vain attempt to stop said coughing.

What helped most was pulling the sheet up over my face & breathing the warmer damper air without suffocating myself by farting too much.

It'll be a relief when this lurgie pisses off.

Oh no, I thought you were on the mend. As my Nan would say, a cold takes 7 days to clear if you do something about it and a week if you don't.

Comment

I think the mendy stage is some days off at the moment.

Stopping the uncontrollable coughing without using Zen meditation would be good too.

But there you go, worse things happen at sea, such as catching syphilis off the community blow up doll.

Comment

morning

CBSWFB and hungover this morning.

Comment

Morning denizens

Fairly cloudy out though with a bit of weak sunshine getting through from time to time, and the now-standard 9°C

The wind appears to have died down though

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Morning denizens

Fairly cloudy out though with a bit of weak sunshine getting through from time to time, and the now-standard 9°C

The wind appears to have died down though
                    ^The wind has had its baked beans here.

It's been pissing down here, so horizontal rain.

Sunny, cloudy, rainy, windy.

No sign of the forecast murrain of beasts though.

Yet.

The chicken legs are aroasting with the bacon adding some necessary flavour.

The vac has done its usual expedition around the house, started making a weird noise so I emptied it and banged the filter on the garden wall.

A remarkable amount of dust came out.

The wireless has just informed me that the feckwhit Farange has started Yet Another Fecking Party.

You really couldn't make this tulipe up.

<hiatus>

The hail has arrived post haste.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 December 2019, 12:23.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      hungover this morning.
                      Hopefully the drink killed off any lurgy?

Comment

Working...
                      X