• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HWMBO has made enough soup to feed an army for a month.

It's very yummy and wholesome.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Talking of 5 a day, I am sure wine counts as it is basically processed grapes.

And beef is vegan as it is basically processed grass.
      I'm liking your train of thought there, very sensible, - did you hit your head too?

Comment

Chocolate is also good for you as cocoa is a fruit.

Comment

Tea has been a bowl of steak, ale, and potato stew from the other month. Very tasty

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I had to look up where that is; turns out it’s about four miles away on the opposite side of the city, and the wind seems to be blowing from here to there, so I think I’ll be OK

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              I had to look up where that is; turns out it’s about four miles away on the opposite side of the city, and the wind seems to be blowing from here to there, so I think I’ll be OK
              Good to know! Hopefully the wind won't change direction

Comment

Oak Island nutjobs:

Sinkhole still sunk. H8 on hold. Swiss cheese underground.

Vibrohammer on the casing to see if it solidifies the ground a bit.

Well that's shaking stuff down a bit.

Onwards to Smith's Cove and more trench digging, looking for the box drain.

They just found a bucket. And no box drain.

Now a dye test. This time using red dye rather than fluorescein which is green.

Now they're off to see the results of the lidar and sonar scans from a couple of weeks ago.

Two possible vents in the seabed.

Some triangular shaped thing on the seabed pointing towards the money pit.

Now the H8 is stabilised they're doing the dye test on C1.

Hose gets twisted just to add to the "excitement". .

And here we go.

And "dye" appears in Smith's Cove.

Well there's a thing,

The fluorometer machine thing confirms the eyeball.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 December 2019, 22:39.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Documentary night tonight with Apollo 11 (2019), the story of which you probably know. Really great, with loads of high quality footage from recently rediscovered 70mm film. Well worth a watch

And I’ve also started reading Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup, about that there Elizabeth Holmes and Theranos, the medical startup scam. It’s impressive how these supposedly amazingly smart Silicon Valley investors don’t seem to have heard that thing about “If it sounds too good to be true…”. Instead they’re all “Oh, some 22-year-old says they’ve got an idea which is going to revolutionise medicine? Cool, let me pour millions into it.”

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Good to know! Hopefully the wind won't change direction
                    In that case, it’ll be a good job I can't get the damn windows open

Comment

Morning all

Misty out. It would be all olde worlde atmospheric if there weren't so many bloomin' street lamps.

Comment

Working...
                      X