• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Yeah, I went a bit over the top the other day

I might just have bettered it today, in fact, but my right knee started complaining slightly about twenty-five minutes in, so I had to ease off. Not going to use any calories if my knee doesn't work
    Have a fiddle with the saddle height and fore /aft position if it's a regular occurrence.

Pain at the front of the knee means your saddle may be too low or too far forward which compresses the joint at the top of the pedal stroke and increases pressure on the patella and associate tendons.

Pain at the back and your saddle may be too high or too far back making you over extend the joint at the bottom of the stroke.

Doesn't take much, 5mm adjustments at a time will help you find the best position.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Lunch: minnestrone soup, Hovis granary and multiseed bread to accompany (not as nice as Morrisons), bramble jelly sandwich on multiseed, corner yog thing (red), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Freecell score; 91%, running average 83% (actually 83.06%, crawling slowly towards 83.1%).
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Another coffee. This time accompanied by a freshly baked (from my part-baked stash in the freezer, not actually made by me) pain au raisin. Overcooked it as I decided I needed to do washing up and dishwasher emptying and other chores instead of keeping an eye on the time it had been in the oven. Yes, I should use the timer I have.

Alexa set a timer for 10 minutes!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Have a fiddle with the saddle height and fore /aft position if it's a regular occurrence.

Pain at the front of the knee means your saddle may be too low or too far forward which compresses the joint at the top of the pedal stroke and increases pressure on the patella and associate tendons.

Pain at the back and your saddle may be too high or too far back making you over extend the joint at the bottom of the stroke.

Doesn't take much, 5mm adjustments at a time will help you find the best position.
          Cheers, I'll have a play, though I'm not sure it offers adjustments to 5mm precision

Comment

Roast pork and apple sauce on a wholemeal bap for lunch

Comment

Exam Passed

Lunch was half an avo (Fuerté) on Triple Sourdough, followed by a large buttered slice of Mrs Scruff's Banana Bread, and a cuppa.

Tonight might be a glass of Chenin Blanc to celebrate the proctored exam success.
              I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                Exam Passed

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  WNFS!

Nice one!

My results day is 21 July.

Comment

Whilst dozing off to the radio the other day, I was reminded that the BFI has lots of films available to stream for free. So I thought I'd share a link for anyone innerested:

Free films on BFI Player

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Brambles massacred.

Goosegrass massacred.

Fuschia massacred (looks like it's dying, so a good trim might help a bit).

Pear tree looks to have set well this year, should keep the jackdaws happy once the apples have finished.
                      ^^^ This.

And a mere 7 weeks later I'm at it again.

The stuff grows like fury.

The pear tree set and the apple tree set wonderfully well.

Dunno if I'll find it so wonderful when I'm carting bucketloads of apples down to the compost heap.

<phone answering hiatus>

Can I speak to the home owner?
                      Originally posted by me
                      Who is calling?
                      <click>

Guess I failed that one then.

Probably some scumbag attempting to contact the late Strangelove Pater who was alway getting called.

It's been very quiet since lockdown.

I was hoping they'd all died.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 June 2020, 14:05.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X