• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have cobbled together a concoction of covers for the bed.

The weight isn't quite replicating my duvet but it's only for four sleeps.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Entertainment:

HSB S1 E10: "Gatorbait" wherein Furillo contemplates leaving the Hill (as if that was going to happen ).

Sapphire & Steel E5&6 of the country house one.

The final series begins on Monday & concludes on Tuesday.
      Add to that HSB S1 E11 "Life, Death, Eternity" wherein Officer Marv Box goes to meet his maker.

And "The A-Team" with Liam Neeson.

Amusing enough.

The A-Team (2010) - IMDb
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

TFBSZ
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          My sentiments exactly! My default is to sleep in the buff. I will put socks on if my feet are cold though. For some reason, if I'm generally feeling cold and can't sleep all I need to do is put my bed socks on and then I'll be fine and soon nod off.
          Yep my chap doesn't like to be wrapped, jim-jams are for hospital only. Much to Mrs V's horror.

But normally I am under a duvet, with the weather I have been on top.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tonight's viewing started with a rewatch (though of a new remastered 4K version) of the original Korean Oldboy (2003). It's an excellent film, but by God, the many different things that finally come to light in the ending of the story are, without exception, utterly horrific

The American remake is a good enough film, but as I recall, it excises some of the most dreadful aspects of the original story's conclusion because it's American and they presumably had to pander to focus groups and whatnot. This is why non-Hollywood films will always be better. I may have been appalled by the ending of the film, but I'd rather be told a story with an appalling ending than one that was lightened up to avoid upsetting me

So although the Hollywood one is good enough to be going on with, you must watch the Korean one if you're serious about understanding the story. It's the real deal. (Also, those dreadful aspects aren't gore; they're both gory films, but the terrible stuff runs deeper than that.)

As I really, seriously, needed to cleanse my mind after that (not to say you shouldn't watch it; you should, but have a recovery process in place) I turned to a light comedy drama, specifically, The Intern (2015), which I last watched about a year ago and am always happy to watch again

The sunrise that's just occurred outside is, it turns out, the Summer Solstice sunrise, it being one of those years when the vagaries of the solar system mean it happens on the 20th of June; so a very happy Summer Solstice dawn to you all

Goodnight (or good dawn) all

Comment

morning all

Breakfast - usual minus toast

Linner - Papa Johns

Weather - meh, cloudy but should clear soon, 14 degrees, light breeze, 1003 hPa (steady)
              Married

Comment

Morning all
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Dry, full cloud cover but quite bright. The barometer has lept up to 1019 mBar! Should be a nice day then, I guess? Weather app says its currently 18 degrees, with a high of 21 later with the cloud giving way to a sunny afternoon. Rain expected overnight.

Breakfast was toast and marmite with a coffee.

What happened to R4 around 9 am? The Today Show signed off and then there was a good 30+ seconds of slience before the 9 am news came on, mid sentence. Someone obviously forgot to flip a switch.

My Dad called to complain that the new PC has resulted in lots of scam calls about their broadband. Not sure how he managed to think the the two are connected.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Tonight's viewing started with a rewatch (though of a new remastered 4K version) of the original Korean Oldboy (2003). It's an excellent film, but by God, the many different things that finally come to light in the ending of the story are, without exception, utterly horrific

The American remake is a good enough film, but as I recall, it excises some of the most dreadful aspects of the original story's conclusion because it's American and they presumably had to pander to focus groups and whatnot. This is why non-Hollywood films will always be better. I may have been appalled by the ending of the film, but I'd rather be told a story with an appalling ending than one that was lightened up to avoid upsetting me

So although the Hollywood one is good enough to be going on with, you must watch the Korean one if you're serious about understanding the story. It's the real deal. (Also, those dreadful aspects aren't gore; they're both gory films, but the terrible stuff runs deeper than that.)

As I really, seriously, needed to cleanse my mind after that (not to say you shouldn't watch it; you should, but have a recovery process in place) I turned to a light comedy drama, specifically, The Intern (2015), which I last watched about a year ago and am always happy to watch again

The sunrise that's just occurred outside is, it turns out, the Summer Solstice sunrise, it being one of those years when the vagaries of the solar system mean it happens on the 20th of June; so a very happy Summer Solstice dawn to you all

Goodnight (or good dawn) all

Oldboy (original) has been on my to-do list for a good long while. It was free as part of my Curzon membership for a while; will have to see if its still on there.

Comment

Morning all

Dry.

Sunnyish.

Blue sky in parts, white & fluffy in other parts.

Breezy.

Saturday apparently.

I think I'll give that Korean film a miss, not my sort of thing from the sounds of it.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X