• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't fancy the pie after spending two days on it. So that's in the fridge for tomorrow and the next day, and the day after that. This may be my last pie in a while.

No formal entertainment this evening.

Comment

Sourdough out of the oven. Looks quite good.

Too warm to eat tonight, so it will be breakfast in the morning.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Gosh. This ep of Sapphire & Steel is reminding me of why I liked it.

Spooky.

It's quite odd seeing "ATV" and "Yorkshire Television" and the like on these programmes.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Gosh. This ep of Sapphire & Steel is reminding me of why I liked it.

Spooky.

It's quite odd seeing "ATV" and "Yorkshire Television" and the like on these programmes.
          There's a great quote from NCIS where Kate muses what Ducky looked like when he was younger and Gibbs quips "Illya Kuryakin"*.

* Yes, yes, yes, I know that it's a different show, but roughly the same era as Sapphire and Steel for David McCallum.
          ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
          Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Finished reading Bomber. What an excellent book!

After that, back to the telly for S1E7 of Survivors, Starvation (TV Episode 1975)

And then off with the telly but continuing in cheerful vein by starting Svetlana Alexeivich's Chernobyl Prayer (different title in the US, it seems).

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

There's a blue wispyness observable out the window this morning. The weather app says its currently 13 degrees with a high of 18 later. More cloud cover expected as the day progresses but low chance of rain.

Didn't have a great night's sleep. First coffee already inhaled (I don't believe it actually does anything to keep me awake but I can hope). It might help if I turn on the lights in my office...

Comment

Morning all

Bread turned out well.

The Dog (tw) has been walked. Some high cloud out there which looks like it might burn off a bit.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
                  There's a great quote from NCIS where Kate muses what Ducky looked like when he was younger and Gibbs quips "Illya Kuryakin"*.

YouTube

* Yes, yes, yes, I know that it's a different show, but roughly the same era as Sapphire and Steel for David McCallum.
                  "The Man from Uncle": 1966.

"Sapphire & Steel": 1978/9.

"NCIS": 2005 and still going strong though I've stopped watching it.

Morning all

White sky with blue bits.

Bit cooler.

Wanly sunny.

Tuesday.

The day for the 2nd and last shopping trip of the week, assuming the bread lasts, which, being Hovis, it probably won't.

Rather tediously, I was busily dreaming about working on some card reader thing somewhere obscure, in an open plan office with very little space, all cramped together.

There was some sort of rolodex thing there.

Most odd.

I was rather pleased when I woke up.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Finished reading Bomber. What an excellent book!

After that, back to the telly for S1E7 of Survivors, Starvation (TV Episode 1975)
                  Seven eps in and they're starving already?

It's 45 years almost to the day since that was first broadcast, at a time when you had to be seriously rich to have a VCR.

"Bomber" is an excellent book, like many of Mr Deighton's output.

My most recent read of his was "Blood, Toil, Tears, and Folly".
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 June 2020, 08:46.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    "The Man from Uncle": 1966.

"Sapphire & Steel": 1978/9.

"NCIS": 2005 and still going strong though I've stopped watching it.
                    Ah, then I must have been watching them around the same time then; probably the late '70s early '80s. Apologies.

Same. I miss do miss the delightful Ziva. [/wishful-thinking-helmie]
                    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny-ish out, but with patches of cloud of various kinds floating about, and feeling a bit chilly despite the official 12°C declared by the weather app

Comment

Working...
                      X