• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This rather fine curry which is actually vegan.

Aubergine & chickpea curry recipe | BBC Good Food

we have about 6 portions in the freezer because we had a glut of Aubergines.

+ Mature Cheddar in Pitta Bread.

Followed by a dollop of yogurt.

No drivelling
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on (very stale) Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (crust), yogurt, bramble jelly sandwich on hovis multigrain (Morrisons were out of the other stuff, both kinds yesterday), yogurt, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The ongoing cleaning of the springs was ongoing until about 10 minutes ago, and the house has been roughly vacced, after which I discovered some filth on the kitchen windowsill which required attention and the washing of the associated net curtain.

Said curtain required the use of the spin drier from the salting house, so that was pressed into use (3200 rpm, much more effective than any of the WMs at spinning), before said curtain got put on the line to dry.

Moving the spin drier revealed a multitude of spiders' webs in said salting house which therefore required the use of the orange vacuum cleaner for their removal.

Having done that, the outside bog suffered the same treatment, while the accumulated glass (about a third of it) is in the recycling box ready for Thursday's collection, along with two black bin bags full of unrecyclable plastics & similar crap.

The increasingly irritating POS chinese radio/tv kitchen wireless has been replaced with a Crown Japanese radio/tv thing that I bought about 40 years ago.

It's had its lead acid recharable batteries replace twice but I'm not doing it again since it seems a bit pointless since there's no analogue tv transmissions any more.

It was handy back in the day when BBC Wales would supplant whatever SF the rest of the country was watching with rugby, which usually meant I was parked up at the top of March Hywel with a big feck off UHF yagi pointed at Huntshaw Cross or Caradon Hill, or maybe Mendip.

By the wonders of Freesat & the like, this is no longer a problem.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
        Yes, this hackneyed trope was trotted out this morning as well. Clearly this chap has no shame and cares not one jot that having such an unsightly bush on full display reflects poorly on the neighbourhood... in fact, I'd go as far as to say that he seems unashamedly proud of the unkemptness of it all.

I have made my garden shredder available to him should he wish to have a quick tidy-up around the back before he next has visitors.

Very kind of you, sir. The aforementioned chap did allude to the possibility of using a shredder. I suspect such a device could pressed into service when child labour is next freely available.

Comment

Tea: more of yesterday's roast beef, orange segments and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

At times it's got so dark I've had to put the light on, now the sun's shining again.

April in June.

Another quite satisfying cleaning of the springs.

I suppose that cleaning the insides of the "office" windows might be an idea, if only it were possible.

All this hand washing has flared my dermatitis up again.

At this rate I'll have to start cleaning out the sheds before long.

I wonder if those old Hazeltine 2000 terminals still work.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Exam done and submitted. I actually quite enjoyed it. Hopefully I'll get a reasonable result.

Now to chill and read those Monday Links!

Comment

Forgot to say, the pie was finished as one of my proscrastination tasks.

I didn't get fed up enough to clean... That'll give me something to do while 'working' tomorrow

Comment

drivel for pali
                Married

Comment

here we go
                  Married

Comment

i think i can make it
                    Married

Comment

any lurkers
                      Married