• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monkey Life is about to start, if you were wondering what to do with your time

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      And done

Well, done a while ago, but I wanted to check an idea for something I'm working on; my mother called me out for not paying attention, though she didn't know I was using PHPStorm on the second monitor, so I had to abandon it until the call was over

Anyway, it works, so that's something
      Strange I get my best ideas in the shower or driving. Not on a zoom call.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Strange I get my best ideas in the shower or driving. Not on a zoom call.
        I got this idea late last night, but had to leave it then as I needed to get an early(ish) night to be up for the Zoom call

Comment

Light lunch of a couple of rounds of buttered toast

Not sure whether to do any exercise bicycling, or leave it and go for a walk later.

Comment

I have done as much work as I can be bothered to do at this moment. I may do a bit more later.

Tempted to go for a walk as I've been very remiss on the activity front (although it was far too hot for a few days).

My right eye is being annoying in that it has a scratchy tickle right in the inside corner. I got the magnifying mirror out and can't see anything amiss although I did spot some very fine eyelashes that could be the culprit. Poking at it is not helping but offers a second or two of relief. Maybe I'll pick up some eye drops while on that walk.

Comment

Leicester could be first place in England to see local lockdown | World news | The Guardian

Comment

Don't worry, it's CV19 not green monkey disease.

Lunch: roast shoulder of lamb (which I managed to cook to a degree that I like rather than the semiraw that others seem to prefer) then rice pud (overcooked but acceptable), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Though the actual eating of the above was rice pud first (since it came out of the oven & cooled down), then the roast lamb, then more roast lamb picked off the bone when I'd finished the original dinner.

Still and I've got to go to Tesco & Morrisons in a little while.

Maybe I'll have a doze for 10 minutes & see how I feel then.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Not sure whether to do any exercise bicycling, or leave it and go for a walk later.
                  Exercise bicycling done once I repositioned the exercise bike so I could continue to watch Monkey Life

Only a couple of hours of primate action on today though, because of football

Comment

They should do it. It's far too busy out there for a Sunday, and weekdays have been almost like the before-times this past week

Comment

"A report in the Sunday Times said the latest outbreak in Leicester follows reports of large crowds gathering outside takeaway restaurants."

They probably mean in the city centre, but the shawarma place over the road sometimes has quite large groups hanging around inside and out, and they aren't doing much in the way of social distancing

Comment

Working...
                      X