• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Clocking off time!

TFFT
    you're 2 hours late

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      you're 2 hours late
      I had mentally clocked off about 0930 this morning

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        I had mentally clocked off about 0930 this morning
        does clocking off mentally involve smashing stuff up?
        or is that just my internal weegie thinking?

Comment

now two bottles of Affligem blonde and one large Glenmorangie in, the weekend is looking MUCH better.

Dinner will be microwaved*

*or pippety pinged, for our taffy bretheren.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            Dinner will be microwaved*

*or pippety pinged, for our taffy bretheren.
            There's tidy then, boyo.

Tea: Tesco chunky breaded cod, stewed pears sans custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "Doom (2005)" with that Rock chap.

I have 4 copies of this for no readily apparent reason other than The Rock being in it, so 3 copies will be off to the charity emporia as soon as it's safe so to do.

I want to buy some bags of concrete mix (rather than ready mix which comes in a big feck off truck) but B&Q is in Swansea & it's illegal to go & get it.

Getting fed up with this tulipe now.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I must change the time switch that controls the main living room light so I don't have to. Just got up from the iMac, where I was brightly lit by the glow of two monitors (one widescreen), and realised that the rest of the room is in near-total darkness due to the veiling of the sun

Started a batch of chunky chips earlier. They're drying now, and will be ready for the first frying in a bit. My poor timing means that the ones I have tonight won't get the benefit of being frozen before the second frying, but I'm sure they'll still be fine

Comment

Plumbing done. Took 2 minutes to fix.

Bit of a palaver where I had to drive around as when I phoned up the plumb merchant they said "Your part should be in but it isn't for some unknown reason" then spent 6 times as much to get an entire waste trap.

Washing on. Need to have some food.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

dinner ,as predicted, was 'pippety pinged' chicken jalfrezi with pillow rice.
                  and Rioja.
                  ents will be Vera, after some beeb1 comedy quiz stuff.

i don't get the frequency of washing on here.
                  i don't generate enough to wash more than once every three weeks or so.
                  or do you all have dwarf washing machines?
                  or no spare clothes/bedding etc?
                  Last edited by BR14; 2 October 2020, 18:49.

Comment

My washing machine is small, as that's what the landlord supplied. Size wise, it will fit a king size duvet cover and pillow cases before I consider it full. However, as I always wash the bottom sheet at the same time as everything else, I will put the pillow cases in with that rather than the duvet cover so everything has room to move.

I prefer to split my clothes laundry so smalls are in one load (my definition of smalls includes other garments too) and another for what I deem to be actual clothes. That does depend on how many clothes I have to wash.

Today's washes comprised just under two weeks of laundry as I did bedding last weekend and CBA to do clothes too.

Comment

It has rained for most of the evening.

I can't tell if it's stopped and the ongoing tinkling is the run off. I could get up and look out the window, but...

Comment

Working...
                      X