• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m thinking of phoning my order in to the Chinese tonight, thereby breaking a long-standing tradition. I’m assuming they’re still OK with me rocking up to collect the stuff, but maybe it would be sensible (for both them and me) to not hang around in there for the seven or eight minutes it usually takes to put my order together

They always seem to say phone orders will take half-an-hour (from the many times I’ve overheard their end of the conversation), so I’ll need to do it earlier than I usually go there.

Not sure if the Co-op will still be open at that time, but I could risk popping in there on the way if it is.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Not sure if the Co-op will still be open at that time, but I could risk popping in there on the way if it is.
      Apparently not. They're closing at 8pm now: Co-op food updates on coronavirus - Co-op

Comment

The afternoon's freecell score: 85%. Running average 83%.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          The afternoon's freecell score: 85%. Running average 83%.
          Every little helps

Comment

Clocks go forward 1 hr at 1am
            Married

Comment

We now have a steel plated shed. Its quite fun trying to put roofing sheets on when the wind is >20 mph.

Beer started!

'not' bourbon biscuits (not sure why they aren't) cooled and filled. looking forward to them after a chicken curry.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                There is the problem...
                MrsBP 5.5 weekls since last drink. Her sleeping just starting to normalize now. She is also losing vast amounts of weight - about 15kg so far....

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Freecell score: 95%, running average 83%.

I see Aldi are offering a nice plate compactor for those wishing to lay some concrete.

Or Lidl with a cordless chainsaw.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    There’s a Lidl near me. Could make that my one-a-day essential shopping trip
                    You don't have a cordless chainsaw already? We have at least one in every room - my butler has several too....

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      and the sister in law on the phone as she has no other adults to talk to - not that I can help as I'm perfectly happy not talking to anyone.
                      Same here! I hated that "talk to someone on the tube" day. What about those of us who want to be left in peace?

Oddly, I really enjoyed chatting to you at the Leeds meet up - I guess that(like me) when you have to you to talk people you make a huge effort?

Comment

Working...
                      X