• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Dry.

Very frosty.

Cold. 14.6 deg in here.

CBS.

Sunny.

996 mBar, 29.4 inHg, 56% RH.

Woke from some dream or other & dozed through Open Country & On Your Farm Farming Today, and some of the Today prog until falling asleep again.

Saturday judging by the output of the wireless.

Apparently snow is forecast for tomorrow which will put a bit of a hold on the Sunday shop if true.

<hiatus>

Saturday morning shopping trip to Morrisons & Wilko done, dusted, washed down, sterilised, and put away.

<hiatus>

Lunch: Ginsters Moroccan Vegan pasty, Heinz tomato soup with a hint of chilli with Morrisons multiseeded bread, blackcurrant jam sandwich on same, yellow corner yog (living dangerously considering what's going on in the factory), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

More skewen:

Skewen residents '''concerned''' it will happen again as burst mine shaft behind flood that '''wrecked''' homes | Wales | ITV News

<hiatus>

Walk walked.

Pavements much better than this morning though the road up the hill was icy in parts, which is always encouraging when there's idiot car drivers going too fast.

Mud frozen in parts, not all of which was I able to walk thereon.

Too many people out & about.

Something must be done.

<hiatus>

Chilli con carne batch cooked.

Bol batch cooked.

Tea: spag bol, yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Bol has rather a lot of added chilli powder plus the advantage of being cooked in the unwashed frying pan that the chilli was cooked in (saves washing up).

It was rather nice.

Entertainment: A thing on Sky Arts about Cream.

Then a brief forray into "The Man from the Alamo (1953)" with Glen Ford, never my favourite actor.

Then some mad thing about South American pyramids and human sacrifice on PBS "Teotihuacn's Lost Kings".

Now "Full Steam Ahead" on BBC4 being a prog about railways, this ep about horse drawn railways and narrow gauge railways in the north Wales slate mines

3d a day for mining slate.

Stone me.

Foxfield steam railway: you can't get a train up an incline if you leave the brakes on on the wagons.

You can also set the embankment on fire when going full chat.

Oooo, this is fun, downhill on a slate train: no engine just gravity.

Mystic Britain: mummies. It's like watching paint dry.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 January 2021, 21:56.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning

overcast and King Billy.
      Saturday.
      WTFH to WTFH??

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky again, dry and sunny. Darn chilly though at 2 degrees and it'll only reach 4. Clear sky for much of the day, unlikely to rain so it'll be a cold one tonight. Barometer up a touch to 994 mBar.

Had a rubbish night's sleep, am a bit zombified this morning.

Today's Katar diary fact is:
        Chinese researchers report that they have cloned two monkeys using the same technology as 'Dolly the Sheep' 2018

Comment

Blue Sky in Surrey. Sun is shining, 1.3°C

E-bike project was completed last week, so a 4 mile shakedown ride along the Bisley/Deepcut training shooting fence. Nothing fell off or rattled.

Off to the butcher to see if I can get a hanger steak, but will settle for flat-iron. The braai is getting a good workout.
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Now my partner's Dell has updated<Dell update> and the screen brightness F11/12 keys don't work.
            no windows rollback available.
            no Dell logs apparent.
            no Dell rollback facility obvious anywhere.
            FFS!
            Why do these mickey mouse computers have no change control?
            all written by pizza munching zit squeezers.
            Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
              Blue Sky in Surrey. Sun is shining, 1.3°C

E-bike project was completed last week, so a 4 mile shakedown ride along the Bisley/Deepcut training shooting fence. Nothing fell off or rattled.
              Is that route affected by all the fences which have gone up at Porridge Pot Hill ? Used to ride over that way but haven't been over for a year or so.

Comment

HWMBO made a nice brunch of mushroom omelette and bacon. I did the toast.

Comment

Afternoon.

Blue skies and it feels damn cold.

Went on a trip to Boots - couldn't download my prescription so need to talk to my GP practice on Monday - and then M&S.

Now curled up nice and warm.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Curtains collected from the cleaners and HWMBO put them up for me.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Blue sky (for the most part) out, but a tad chilly at 2°C

Barometer 985/992mB. I can't remember what it was yesterday, but I think it's up a little. The app that gives me the adjusted-for-height-above-sea-level value allows one to set a skeuomorphic needle to the current reading so one can tell what the change has been. However, it also has a bug, because it changes the start and end points of the "dial" when large changes in pressure happen so it can fit them in, but that needle stays at the same position regardless, so it's essentially useless

Antipodean Zoom call first thing tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                      X