• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea tonight has been M&S non-chunky breaded… cod or haddock, can't remember which, with chips and beans. All very tasty

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Oh and label! Finally getting good at doing that.
      Takes all the fun out of the freezer exploration.

Everyone needs frozen peas from 2012.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

More Survivors tonight: S1E8 Spoil of War (TV Episode 1975).

Early(ish) night now due to the gasman visiting tomorrow morning

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Light precipitation overnight has kept the dust down, but not exactly done much watering of the garden.
          Still murky out, but no precipitation on the walk earlier
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning peeps

I have heard from BP - he, MrsBP and family are well. He says hello

In other news, dull and overcast. There were signs of an earlier shower on the patio tiles. Currently 14 degrees, forecast is for it to maybe reach 15 and lots of rain expected from lunch time onwards.

Getting to sleep last night was a chore as I had very irritable legs until I finally nodded off in the wee hours. I last remember seeing a time getting close to 2am but I often try to avoid looking at the clock when I'm not sleeping.

Only one coffee had so far. Need more

Comment

Morning denizens

Not keen on this getting up business, but having spent an hour or so scuttling round the flat, it's now possible for the gasman to access the bits he needs to access without excessive sidling or getting too covered in filth

Well, apart from the gas meter in the cellar which also adds crouching to the mix as he's quite tall; but that's not within my purview

I have heard from BP - he, MrsBP and family are well. He says hello

Say hello back

Only one coffee had so far. Need more
              Only none so far

I'll have mine after the gasman does his thing. I think he's already on the premises but he works his way up, so I'm expecting him to knock on the door at about 10:30 or so

Comment

Morning

Dry.

White sky.

Sunless.

Slightly warmer at 18.6 deg in here today.

Wednesday by all reports.

Very achy today.

<hiatus>

It's getting darker and darker.

Either the sun's going out or there's rain on the way.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 June 2020, 09:17.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Forgot the weather update in all the gasman frenzy: grey, 12°C, showers overnight though I think they've stopped for now

Comment

The gasman goeth, everything apparently being in order

Now for that coffee…

Comment

Finally got coffee, having been distracted by moving stuff back in the gasman's way for next year

I have a plastic shelving unit, intended for garages and sheds I think; takes about a minute to assemble. It's been cluttering the living room (where it used to stand before becoming surplus to requirements) and then the kitchen for ages, so while everything was disarranged and the coffee was brewing, I took the opportunity to put it together as it fits quite well in a bit of space next to the fire (no idea why the kitchen has a gas fire; it gets turned on once a year, by the gasman), and various things like the toolbox and the InstantPot™ can go neatly on there when not in use

Comment

Working...
                      X