• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

96 - 77

Comment

Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post
      96 - 77
      98 61.

<hiatus>

Tea: more of yesterday's roast shoulder of lamb, much nicer than the last one I had, orange segments and custard (bit too much sugar in the custard), 0.91 pints of slightly stewed good Glengettie tea.

98: 81

Entertainment: the conclusion of "The Human Stain", Civilisation E12, and something else at 21:00: Monkman & Seagull's Genius Adventures, this last having, at most, 5 minutes to prove it's worth watching.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 May 2020, 17:36.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

98 - 67

Comment

99-63; the latter a little high as I’ve just sat down from doing the washing up

Earlier on I remembered I had the rest of Friday’s gammon joint in need of divvying up for freezing. But when I did so I snaffled a sliver, and it was so tasty that I couldn’t resist. So tonight’s tea was, like Friday’s, roast gammon, chips, fried eggs, and beans

Comment

Sausage, Fennel & mashed sweet potato!

MMM!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Entertainment: the conclusion of "The Human Stain", Civilisation E12, and something else at 21:00: Monkman & Seagull's Genius Adventures, this last having, at most, 5 minutes to prove it's worth watching.
              Civilisation E12 "The Fallacies of Hope", reasonably inneresting, lots of revolutions, from the French in 1790odd all the way to czechoslovakia & Paris in 1968.

Civilistation E13 "Heroic Materialism", quite inneresting.

"Monkman & Seagull": well I'm typing this whilst "watching" it.

James Watt's steam engine reasonable, Priestley inventing Oxygen, not so much.

Now we're on to balloons.

Which didn't fly coz it was too windy.

Now a steam engine with wheels.

A high pressure steam engine.

<hiatus>

That's "Civilisation" done including the special feature.

Now we're on to Megastructures, being the battle of Peleliu.

Another bloodbath.

I see that Talking Pictures is showing a Quatermass series(?) ep from the 70s, tomorrow at 21:00.

I see that "The Masque of the Red Death" is on Talking Pictures at 00:20 this evening.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 May 2020, 22:44.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Just a little telly tonight, to wit, S1E2 of Only Fools and Horses, Go West Young Man (TV Episode 1981). Nicely written and perfect timing in the performances, as always

After that, back to the Holmes books with the first few stories of His Last Bow (which of course isn’t his last bow at all as there’s one more collection of short stories after it)

Temperature’s plummeted to 14°C

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Overcast today. Maybe we'll have rain.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Seems quite bright but overcast. There has been rain as I can hear it from the cars as they pass (quite a few this morning!) and, now I've looked out of the window, the hedge is glistening.

Very tired this morning. Did not want to get out of bed.

Comment

Morning all

Breakfast - usual

Lunch (yesterday) - Sausage and Mash
                      Lunch (today) - Spam

Weather - nice and sunny, 16 degrees, getting warmer
                      Married

Comment

Working...
                      X