• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still getting a deluge of messages from that free dating site I haven't used for years. One this morning says I am hot! That one must be genuine.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start, and already up to 16°C

It seems it’s due to cloud over more later, but with a concomitant rise to 21°.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Trip to the bank done & dusted.

Only had to queue for 45 minutes.

Legs are telling me this.

Loaded the credit card with some cash so I can avoid doing this again for a couple of months.

<hiatus>

Lunch: poached tomato (Tesco on the vine) and scrambled egg (leathery) on Morrisons multiseed toast (crust, quite dry considering its BBE is the 27th), bramble jelly on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower seed and spelt crust (remarkably undry considering how long it's been here, it seems to last a loooong time), corner yogurt thing (yellow), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

In other news, it's cold & windy out there today.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 May 2020, 12:16.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Had a go on the exercise bike. Rather sweaty now

And before that, I settled a Twitter debate on the correct pronunciation of the name of online fashion retailer ASOS, as I worked on the website for an ad campaign of theirs a few years ago and thus know how the people of the company pronounce it (Ay-soss)

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              In other news, it's cold & windy out there today.
              Clouding over here but not in an ominous way

21°C outside, in the bedroom, and in the living room; probably also in the kitchen, though I haven’t checked. There’s a very light breeze, but at most that’s just enabling an undetectable flow of fresh air through the place. Windows that open are a Good Thing

Comment

Lunch, by the way, was Heinz chicken soup with toasted white bloomer

Comment

Bit more gardening done.

Getting there slowly.

It was cool enough that I didn't break a sweat, which is all to the good, just got pleasantly warm.

The "breeze" here is a semi gale like normal, while the overcast is a 10/10ths light grey.

Can hear the church clock which, back in the day*, foretold rain, but I could hear it yesterday too and no rain transpired.

The soil is very dry, with very few worms in any of the area I've turned over so far.

*Grandmother, washing day.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Very busy day today. Already unhappy about this 5 day working malarkey

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Very busy day today. Already unhappy about this 5 day working malarkey
                      Five days a week is far too many

Comment

Working...
                      X